Run external program on torrent completion

Linux specific questions, problems.
Leverz

Run external program on torrent completion

Post by Leverz »

Hi, I have been trying to get any script to run in this option.
I have tried both python and bash, yet I cannot get the script to run. I have set the scripts to be executable (chmod 755) and I have reduced the scripts to only copy the contents of the download directory, just to ensure it works.

Any script will run from terminal but not from the QBitTorrent option. Am I missing a simple call?

Examples I  tried

Code: Select all

/.../test.py

python /.../test.py

python '/.../test.py'
I have tried everything I can think of from adding quotes to the call, adding the python call at the start before setting location of the script (in bash as well), I could keep going I have gone through it all.

I have even tried it on a windows machine calling batch files, and I can't get it to work there, so any help would be great. I could not find any documentation that talked about this, and a I could not find a thread here with a response/how-to on this.
Thanks in advance.
Leverz

Re: Run external program on torrent completion

Post by Leverz »

Is it not possible, or does nobody know how to do it?

Tried on reddit and a few other places, and no one seems to know, it shows the lack of documentation. Anyone know of another client that enables to running of scripts after a download completes?
basecase

Post by basecase »

Hello, I just installed it and gave it a try. I got my bash script to run by entering sh before the path.

sh /PATH/TO/MY/SCRIPT.sh "%N" "%F" "%R" "%D"
DonCachopo

Post by DonCachopo »

basecase wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:47 am Hello, I just installed it and gave it a try. I got my bash script to run by entering sh before the path.

sh /PATH/TO/MY/SCRIPT.sh "%N" "%F" "%R" "%D"
How do you use the variables in the script? I tried with $1 but nothing