Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
MountainInside

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by MountainInside »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]
Thanks, worked great.  8)

I migrated 4000+ torrents from uTorrent (Mac) to QBittorrent (Mac), I just had to use a windows VM to convert the profile folder.
[/quote]
Hello! You could ask :-)
Simple modification and compilation on macos, and you can migrate.
I did not know that there was a utorrent on mac too and did not count on this target audience. I will have to deal with the issue. Only with debugging it will be more difficult - I do not have a mac.
[/quote]
Many users are looking for options to move from uTorrent, as the next MacOS (coming next month) will drop support for 32-bit apps (like uTorrent) and knowing uTorrent they'll not release a 64-bit MacOS version any time soon.

I'm glad your tool exists, absolutely a lifesaver.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="MountainInside"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]

I migrated 4000+ torrents from uTorrent (Mac) to QBittorrent (Mac), I just had to use a windows VM to convert the profile folder.
[/quote]
I did not know that there was a utorrent on mac too and did not count on this target audience. I will have to deal with the issue. Only with debugging it will be more difficult - I do not have a mac.
[/quote]
Many users are looking for options to move from uTorrent, as the next MacOS (coming next month) will drop support for 32-bit apps (like uTorrent) and knowing uTorrent they'll not release a 64-bit MacOS version any time soon.

[/quote]
May I ask you to help me with debug?
Can you tell me where on Mac user profiles, and where are the files of the utorrent and qbittorrent?
And maybe in the evening there will be a working tool for mac
MountainInside

Post by MountainInside »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Can you tell me where on Mac user profiles, and where are the files of the utorrent and qbittorrent?
[/quote]

I'm happy to help, thank you for your interest  :)

uTorrent: (equivalent to %appdata%\uTorrent in Windows)

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/uTorrent
QBittorrent: (equivalent to %localappdata%\QBittorrent in Windows)

~/Library/Application Support/QBittorrent
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="MountainInside"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Please tell me the equivalent of the path %AppData%\ qBittorrent where qBittorrent.ini is located
MountainInside

Post by MountainInside »

[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]
[quote="rumanzo"]
[quote="MountainInside"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Please tell me the equivalent of the path %AppData%\ qBittorrent where qBittorrent.ini is located
[/quote]

It's located here:

~/.config/qBittorrent/qbittorrent.ini
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="MountainInside"]
It's located here:

[/quote]
Can you try this release? It definitely must work if set paths forcely, and must be right defaults (macos case sensitive?) if nothing is specified

https://github.com/rumanzo/bt2qbt/relea ... md64_macos
MountainInside

Post by MountainInside »

rumanzo wrote:
MountainInside wrote: It's located here:

Can you try this release? It definitely must work if set paths forcely, and must be right defaults (macos case sensitive?) if nothing is specified

Worked great!!

I just had to chmod 755 the file
Last login: Wed Aug 14 23:49:47 on ttys000
Mac-mini:~ test$ chmod 755 /Users/test/Desktop/bt2qbt_v1.1_amd64_macos
Mac-mini:~ test$ /Users/test/Desktop/bt2qbt_v1.1_amd64_macos 
It will be performed processing from directory /Users/test/Library/Application Support/uTorrent/ to directory /Users/test/Library/Application Support/QBittorrent/BT_backup/
Check that the qBittorrent is turned off and the directory /Users/test/Library/Application Support/QBittorrent/BT_backup/ and config /Users/test/.config/qBittorrent/qbittorrent.ini is backed up.

Press Enter to start

2019/08/15 00:11:27 Started
1/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-amd64.iso.torrent 
2/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-s390x.iso.torrent 
3/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-ppc64el.iso.torrent 
4/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-arm64.iso.torrent 

2019/08/15 00:11:27 Ended

Press Enter to exit
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/k9unvAG
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

MountainInside wrote:
rumanzo wrote:
MountainInside wrote: It's located here:

Worked great!!

I just had to chmod 755 the file
Last login: Wed Aug 14 23:49:47 on ttys000
Mac-mini:~ test$ chmod 755 /Users/test/Desktop/bt2qbt_v1.1_amd64_macos
Mac-mini:~ test$ /Users/test/Desktop/bt2qbt_v1.1_amd64_macos
It will be performed processing from directory /Users/test/Library/Application Support/uTorrent/ to directory /Users/test/Library/Application Support/QBittorrent/BT_backup/
Check that the qBittorrent is turned off and the directory /Users/test/Library/Application Support/QBittorrent/BT_backup/ and config /Users/test/.config/qBittorrent/qbittorrent.ini is backed up.

Press Enter to start

2019/08/15 00:11:27 Started
1/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-amd64.iso.torrent
2/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-s390x.iso.torrent
3/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-ppc64el.iso.torrent
4/4 Sucessfully imported ubuntu-19.04-server-arm64.iso.torrent

2019/08/15 00:11:27 Ended

Press Enter to exit
Screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/k9unvAG
Awesome! Thanks for help
Last edited by rumanzo on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Thanks for your efforts guys.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="Nemo"]
Thanks for your efforts guys.
[/quote]
Hi! I would like to ask you to pin similar topics in the sections with Linux (deluge branch, I guess) and MacOS (I can arrange the corresponding topics) linked to this topic.
And in useful ones it would be very cool to pin a utility for changing trackers in batch mode, apparently this is the cool tool, people found her through a search and thanked her for the time saved.
SycL8pG2ztfD9Q

Post by SycL8pG2ztfD9Q »

Thank you! it worked great. but I have an issue.

I had a 40GB torrent that I had selected 4 GB to download in utorrent. after importing to qbittorrent:
the torrent appeared 100% in qbittorrent, and the selected files in content were 100%
but after I did a force recheck in qbittorrent, all the selected files inside became 99.x%

now the problem is, the actual files in my disk are complete, what happens if I re-download the 0.1% in qbittorrent? Is it going to corrupt the already completed files? 

EDIT I went ahead and re-downloaded the 0.1% and fortunately the files didn't corrupt and I can seed both in utorrent and qbittorrent.

is there any way to avoid having to redownload files?  I have 4000 torrents and many partial downloads, it would be a major pain to do this for all of them.
Last edited by SycL8pG2ztfD9Q on Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="SycL8pG2ztfD9Q"]
Thank you! it worked great. but I have an issue.

I had a 40GB torrent that I had selected 4 GB to download in utorrent. after importing to qbittorrent:
the torrent appeared 100% in qbittorrent, and the selected files in content were 100%
but after I did a force recheck in qbittorrent, all the selected files inside became 99.x%

now the problem is, the actual files in my disk are complete, what happens if I re-download the 0.1% in qbittorrent? Is it going to corrupt the already completed files? 

EDIT I went ahead and re-downloaded the 0.1% and fortunately the files didn't corrupt and I can seed both in utorrent and qbittorrent.

is there any way to avoid having to redownload files?  I have 4000 torrents and many partial downloads, it would be a major pain to do this for all of them.
[/quote]

Hi! This is not a bug. The fact is that the bittorrent is designed so that the whole torrent is sliced on equal sized pieces, and in one piece there can be data from several files. Utorrent saves these pieces of not selected files to a file TorrentPartFile _....dat, and utorrent can seed these piece, and when you download these files you download whole piece. qBittorrent does similar operations, only files with pieces of a different format.

It’s okay that after rehashing files are uploaded 99%, because the pieces at the edges of the files are incomplete. But the files themselves are in fact whole (they do not change the hash sum).

If there are no more seeds, then technically the torrent will not be completed forever, if there are seeds, you can resume and everything will be OK. You can don’t start or rehash torrents, then they will appear to be fully completed (although this will not be so).

The formats of the uTorrent and qBittorrent are different, I tried to convert, without success.
xzy722

Post by xzy722 »

thank u for this wonderful tool.
i migrated from ut2.2.1 to qbittorrent 4.1.6,the tool worked fine,(all of my torrents gone to qbittorrent),but didn't automatically start seeding ,became finishing.i forced seeding everytime .
is it with the sharerate limit,or something wrong i had done?
Ddiouf

Post by Ddiouf »

Thanks a lot romanzu for creating such an useful tool.

I used it yesterday with some, but not total, success : My uTorrent client lost all its trackers and I decided to give a try to qBittorrent; thus I tried to migrate my uTorrent trackers using your tool.

Unfortunately only a small part (45 out of 1100) of them were correctly moved. Tried that several times, same result.

Before writing this message I thoroughly read all the posts but got no answer; some clues I followed unsuccessfully, like suppressing the tags and so on.

Hence my message in the bottle to you  ;o)

Regards

Ddiouf

Edit  I'm using Windows 10
Last edited by Ddiouf on Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
rumanzo
VIP
VIP

Post by rumanzo »

[quote="Ddiouf"]
Thanks a lot romanzu for creating such an useful tool.

I used it yesterday with some, but not total, success : My uTorrent client lost all its trackers and I decided to give a try to qBittorrent; thus I tried to migrate my uTorrent trackers using your tool.

Unfortunately only a small part (45 out of 1100) of them were correctly moved. Tried that several times, same result.

Before writing this message I thoroughly read all the posts but got no answer; some clues I followed unsuccessfully, like suppressing the tags and so on.

Hence my message in the bottle to you  ;o)

Regards

Ddiouf

Edit  I'm using Windows 10
[/quote]
Hi, Ddiouf!  Did you get any errors in output bt2qbt?