Files keep increasing in size.

Other platforms, generic questions.
Dukeseyeball01

Files keep increasing in size.

Post by Dukeseyeball01 »

What can I do to fix this. When I load into qBittorrent sometimes it says certain files are missing, just seems to be random. So I select those files, right click, and hit resume and it starts downloading them again. The problem with this, it seems, is that it's eating up hard drive space on my computer. I know this may not sound right, but it IS doing it. Let's say a file is 1.9 gigs and I've already downloaded 99.6% of the file, well, when it goes "missing" I right click on it and resume it, it's like it "refreshes" the file, and starts it over, but the amount that's already been downloaded let's say 1.89 gigs, keeps building onto itself. I'm using qBBBittorrent 4.2.0beta1 on Mac OSX Catalina, but this has been going on for a bit, and I just recently updated to Catalina. I'm running qBitorrent off of my main hard drive in the applications folder, but all the downloads for qBittorent are going into a folder on an alternative drive plugged into my Mac. Is there a way to purge or clear the cache or temporary files, or something along those lines in qBitorrent? I didn't post this in the Mac section, as I figured it was more of a qBitorrent issue than a Mac issue, but if you feel it needs to moved, please go ahead. I've included a screenshot of what I'm talking about to help explain what's going on. Thanks.

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Files keep increasing in size.

Post by Peter »

Well, on Windows, anti-virus clients remove certain files and can cause a 99... % whatever torrent size.
But on Mac I am not aware of any anti-virus clients... you sure there is no anti-virus foul play involved?