Bug in qB's latest version (4.2)

Windows specific questions, problems.
Twilight666

Bug in qB's latest version (4.2)

Post by Twilight666 »

I am a user of qB on Windows 10 Home and I have just updated to the latest version (4.2).

When qB opens any incomplete torrents I have are marked with a red ! (exclamation point) saying that the files are missing. I tried various ways to fix it and the one I found works is to press to start the torrent (at which point it starts at 0%) and then press to recheck the files. At that point the check runs successfully and the files reach the right percent they had before the whole mess happened.
But if I close qB before the torrents finish downloading (either manually or as part of closing my PC) the above happens again.

I am not sure why the above happens but I think I have an idea. In my options I have set that incomplete torrents are put in a different folder than the one they are moved on completion. (Also I have chosen the option to have incomplete torrents with the !qB extension but deactivating it changed nothing)

I deactivated the above option, closed qB and moved the files and when qB opened again the torrent files where 'found' correctly.

I have since moved back to the last version (4.1.9.1) and it is working properly, so it is definately an issue with the latest version
saba40

Re: Bug in qB's latest version (4.2)

Post by saba40 »

this is exactly what happens to me
baroni

Post by baroni »

The bug happens from version 4.2,
If the bug can be fixed then thank you for that.
the image is Hebrew language (qBittorrent 4.2).

HellJake

Post by HellJake »

I can confirm. On every start incomplete torrents are marked with a warning. When I force to download it starts at 0%

Thanks to you I now know how to recheck!
saba40

Post by saba40 »

totally the same with me
lobotomizado

Post by lobotomizado »

Same here. To close the program is to say goodbye to the progress of those files not finished yet :'(
sbernesto

Post by sbernesto »

Hi,

I have the same problem every time I start the application. The previous version did not generate this error.
Splat

Post by Splat »

FWIW, it's not happening to me and hasn't happened since upgrading to latest version.
Twilight666

Post by Twilight666 »

I am sorry, I am the OPand I am new to this forum, and didn't notice the sticky viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3505

Apparently we shouldn't open new topics about bugs here, but go directly to github and open an issue there

This bug has been known for a while (https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/11552), so people should go there instead, and this thread should be locked instead.

Also it looks like there might have found a fix for it ^-^