I/O Error

Windows specific questions, problems.
Demerzel

I/O Error

Post by Demerzel »

Hi, for some reason, yesterday my qBittorrent started to report I/O Error for one of my torrents. I don't recall changing anything in my OS, it just started to report this error. I started qb as administrator, and I have allowed all permissions for the download folder. This is not the first time this I/O error appears for me, but usually setting all permissions helped solving the problem. But now it didn't help. It's very annoying as the message pops up every 5 seconds :)

I'm using Win 10.

Please help :)
scragly

Re: I/O Error

Post by scragly »

There's a wiki page to help diagnose IO errors on windows. Read it over and do what it says first, as it should solve most situations. If it still isn't resolved after going through it fully, pop back and provide the detailed log output for these errors from the Execution Log.
aha2940

Post by aha2940 »

Hi

I am having the same problem. I followed the guide to troubleshoot I/O errors (which basically says it's my faul: either my hardware is failing or I set the permissions incorrectly) but neither of those are the solution (chkdsk /r reports 0 bad sectors on my hard drive and WinRAR tests the problematic file just fine, and the permissions are OK too, I even tried running qbittorrent as administrator). Running version 4.2.1 - 64 bits on Windows 10. Saving to an NTFS 1TB internal drive (D:, it's not the Windows drive). I get "I/O error: the parameter is incorrect" error, nothing else. Any help in solving this is appreciated.

Thanks!
aha2940

Post by aha2940 »

OK, so I solved my issue. It turns out, the torrent I was having problems with is a huge torrent from which I only need some files, so I downloaded only those files I needed but not the rest. This partial download of files, produced a ".parts" file inside my downloads folder (on Linux, the file is hidden, since its name starts with a dot). I renamed that file (I guess deleting it also works) and rechecked the torrent. After rechecking, it complained that some files were not complete, so qbittorrent downloaded the "missing" bits and now it's working fine again. Summary: it seems the ".parts" file was somehow corrupted. More information on that file: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -368474653

Hope this helps someone.
aha2940

Post by aha2940 »

It seems I spoke too soon, the issues returned soon after.
fakelord

Post by fakelord »

aha2940 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:10 pm OK, so I solved my issue. It turns out, the torrent I was having problems with is a huge torrent from which I only need some files, so I downloaded only those files I needed but not the rest. This partial download of files, produced a ".parts" file inside my downloads folder (on Linux, the file is hidden, since its name starts with a dot). I renamed that file (I guess deleting it also works) and rechecked the torrent. After rechecking, it complained that some files were not complete, so qbittorrent downloaded the "missing" bits and now it's working fine again. Summary: it seems the ".parts" file was somehow corrupted. More information on that file: https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... -368474653

Hope this helps someone.
Thanks a lot man! You are a hero! I had been trying to solve this issue for so many days. I was worried my HDD might be failing. This solved the issue. I had partially downloaded torrents & deleted the parts file afterwards. Just force rechecked the torrents & the issue is gone.