new torrents keep stalling

Windows specific questions, problems.
Splat

Re: new torrents keep stalling

Post by Splat »

Peter wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:54 pm I mean...
- what antivirus/security product do you use?
- do you have an open port forward to your PC? and do you use a static IP on your machine? (thus port forward sticks)
- do you have the Windows firewall disabled?
No extra security installed. I add the exception for qB to Windows, then I disable all Windows Defender shit. I scan every week using two separate scanners, then I uninstall them. Yes, crazy but works for me. I don't usually visit unknown sites and never d/l cracked/illegal s/w. Believe it or not.

Port f/w and static IP in use. No problems there.
ujiko

Post by ujiko »

I'm having the same issue on linux with qbittorent-nox (4.2.5 and libtorrent 1.2.6), the download starts after exactly 30mn unless I force reannouce :/

Is there an issue open on github ?
Kedryn

Post by Kedryn »

Just experencing stalling on almost every torrent.
I have a pfSense firewall, that is well configured, and is forwarding ports to the pc where qbittorrent runs with some other software.
All other programs runs fine and are accessible from the outside. QBT does not respont to outside queries to it's port.
It reply to localhost calls, from another pc in lan calls, from pfsense itself calls, but not outside the firewall.
It's not a matter of ports, nor a firewall problem. It's been triple checked (i'm also working in networking and systems)

The icon in the lower bar showing the firewall/not firewall status changes itself randomly, but even if it shows the green plug, it does not respond from outside LAN port checks, nor it get's connections from other clients but diretc ones.

I'm going to revert back to prior 4.2.0 to see if things get better.
verymythical

Post by verymythical »

Uninstalling and doing a fresh install even with new configuration fixed it. You don't really need to remove your torrents like the other comment said, just move them to a different file, and then do a fresh install.
Victari

Post by Victari »

These are the steps I used to fix it.

1- Close QBT, check Task Manager -> Processes tab -> Apps, to make sure it is not running. Right-click the QBT .exe, run as Administrator

2- In QBT Tools menu -> Options -> Connection -> Listening Port -> uncheck "Use UPnP / NAT -PMP fort forwarding from my router." Click "Random" next to the Port ID Number. Apply.

3- Tools menu -> Options -> Connection -> Connection Limits -> Check "Global maximum number of connections" set to 1000. Check "Maxumum Number of connections per torrent" set to 500. Apply

4- Tools menu -> Options -> Connection -> Proxy Server, double-check your settings here are correct and that you have the correct info for your VPN entered. Apply

5- Tools menu -> Options -> Speed -> global rate limit -> download, set to infinite. Apply

6- Right click windows icon (win 10) select system -> see details in windows securty -> Firewall and Network -> Allow an App through firewall -> find "qbittorrent" and "qbittorrent - A bittorrent Clilent" in the list. (admin) Change settings -> check boxes for Private and Puiblic on both. (also do this with whatever 3rd party Antivirus/anti-malware/firewalls you are running.)
AbrasiveBok

Post by AbrasiveBok »

Same thing started to happen to me on Linux (Fedora 35 server) and qbittorrent-nox. It had been working just fine and suddenly started stalling torrents regardless of tracker, private, public, etc. Network is fine and had no change performed on it before this started happening. It just started happening and that's it.

About:
qBittorrent v4.4.2 Web UI (64-bit)
qBittorrent was built with the following libraries:
Qt: 5.15.2
Libtorrent: 2.0.5.0
Boost: 1.76.0
OpenSSL: 1.1.1n
zlib: 1.2.11
shoessanjay

Post by shoessanjay »

I experienced this issue today on v. 4.1.5 but was able to fix it. I went into Options > Advanced > Network Interface, and noticed that qBittorrent wasn't using the correct network interface. I switched it from an inactive Local Area Connection to my VPN network interface, and the torrent started immediately.
AbrasiveBok

Post by AbrasiveBok »

shoessanjay wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 12:45 pm I experienced this issue today on v. 4.1.5 but was able to fix it. I went into Options > Advanced > Network Interface, and noticed that qBittorrent wasn't using the correct network interface. I switched it from an inactive Local Area Connection to my VPN network interface, and the torrent started immediately.
I tried this before posting and fiddling with the network interface didn't fix it.
gintibande

Post by gintibande »

Had the same problem with torrents stalling. When I paused them they would Error.
hellodear.in

watch movies
jaisegyi

Post by jaisegyi »

I experienced this issue today on v. 4.1.5 but was able to fix it. I went into Options > Advanced > Network Interface, and noticed that qBittorrent wasn't using the correct network interface. I switched it from an inactive Local Area Connection to my VPN network interface, and the torrent started immediately.
vidmate mobdro
Last edited by jaisegyi on Tue May 17, 2022 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
AbrasiveBok

Post by AbrasiveBok »

fyi, I moved to using qbt on docker (the linuxserver image) and haven't experienced this issue yet.
AbrasiveBok

Post by AbrasiveBok »

AbrasiveBok wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:52 pm fyi, I moved to using qbt on docker (the linuxserver image) and haven't experienced this issue yet.
I spoke too soon! Happening on docker as well :(