Basic Understanding Needed

Other platforms, generic questions.
Sportif

Basic Understanding Needed

Post by Sportif »

Hello,

I'm new to qB and liking it so far. It's out performed uT by far on my DL box.

What I need to know is how to prevent qB from moving files that I import for download or seed.

I have a few torrents that are 400+ GB each. A couple I seed while I am DL'g 2 others. I have them stored on on an external drive large enough to handle them.

I loaded the torrents and pointed the path to the preexisting directories. After qB checked the files it start moving them to the default DL directory instead of simply continuing to DL or seed from the original locations.

Is this normal behavior fr the client. I have used them all and qB is the ONLY one that is doing this. All other clients respect manually selected paths.

I checked the settings and everything is set to manual management (not move when...) so I assumed manual meant just that... nothing automated.

Am I doing something wrong or is this by design?

Sadly... I'm back on uT until I can figure this out.

I'm really lost here.
Sportif

Re: Basic Understanding Needed

Post by Sportif »

So yeah. Done w/ qB.

I didn't think this was a complex ? by any means, but I see a number of post where a user asked about qB moving files instead of leaving them in preexisting paths have gone unanswered.

Apparently something is being missed.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Basic Understanding Needed

Post by Peter »

Well, if you add a torrent, and your Download mode is NOT set to Automatic anywhere at all, nothing will get moved.
I'd recommend practicing/testing with some tiny file/downloads just to get the hang of the settings.