Resetting general Categories

Windows specific questions, problems.
subs

Resetting general Categories

Post by subs »

Hi, new to the forums - firstly, thanks for this great piece of software!

Main question: over time, I have set several Categories that I do not use any longer and the whole list has become cumbersome. While I can easily reset the Category of a single torrent, I cannot find a way to delete (eliminate) the whole Category entry from the specific drop-down menu. How can I delete (eliminate) a Category entry from the drop-down menu?

Ancillary question: is there a way to associate a download/upload rate limit to specific categories?

thanks
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Resetting general Categories

Post by Peter »

Right click on any category in the left list of Categories: Remove unused categories.

Ancillary: I don't think that's possible. You can only upload limit rate per each torrent, so I'd select a category, select all, and then set a limit. But yea, this is a very, very specific use case.
subs

Post by subs »

Thanks Peter.

If I understand you correctly, I should click right on the Category column as per the attached screen.

Could not work out a way to take a screenshot of the resulting menu, but when I do that no "Remove unused categories" option appears.
Any suggestions?
Attachments
Captur.JPG
Captur.JPG (34.95 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

See picture. :)
example.png
example.png (10.93 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
subs

Post by subs »

Thank you.
I resolved the problem thanks to your screen, I had collapsed that panel and forgot it existed :-()
Last edited by subs on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.