Latest version 4.2.2 - can we downgrade ?

Windows specific questions, problems.
wreck1080

Latest version 4.2.2 - can we downgrade ?

Post by wreck1080 »

I installed the latest 4.2.2 version and it ruined all of my existing torrents, lost all links.

Also, the new UI is magnified -- the information section takes up more than half of my display so I cannot see my torrent list like before -- which really is the most valuable information if you are running more than a few torrents at the same time.

If I downgrade to the previous version, will i get back all my 'missing files'? Is it even possible to downgrade or do I need to uninstall completely then reinstall the last version?

I appreciate the continuing enhancement work, but, this new version 4.2.2 is unusable for me. I may wait until the next release to see if things improve.
wreck1080

Re: Latest version 4.2.2 - can we downgrade ?

Post by wreck1080 »

To answer my own question -- i just installed the previous version over the top and everything is back to normal.

All of the 'missing files' links have been fixed, and no data has been lost nor do I need to relink anything.

I'm sure a fix for the missing files thing is imminent.
Sarkhasm

Post by Sarkhasm »

Hey mate, how did you go back to your old version? The site only has the latest version to download, and like yourself, I can't stand the latest version, thanks for any help.
johnEppp

Post by johnEppp »

I had the same issue: the UI was magnified (Windows 10 installation).

I had downgraded to 4.2.1 also
NKL

Post by NKL »

Sarkhasm wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:37 am Hey mate, how did you go back to your old version? The site only has the latest version to download, and like yourself, I can't stand the latest version, thanks for any help.
If you go to the download section on the official qBittorrent site, at the absolute bottom you will find a section named "Old Release Archive".
beachgrrl

Post by beachgrrl »

I might have to do that for my issue [ lost the 'torrent title' column in 4.2.2 ]. I have kept the installer for the previous version but hoping some can see what I've done wrong. :)
johnEppp

Post by johnEppp »

NKL wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:40 am
Sarkhasm wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:37 am Hey mate, how did you go back to your old version? The site only has the latest version to download, and like yourself, I can't stand the latest version, thanks for any help.
If you go to the download section on the official qBittorrent site, at the absolute bottom you will find a section named "Old Release Archive".

There is no windows options to the "Old Release Archive" menu.

However, it's not very difficult to alter the download link and get the version you want:
4.2.3 https://sourceforge.net/projects/qbitto ... e/download
4.2.1: https://sourceforge.net/projects/qbitto ... t-4.2.[b]1[/b]/qbittorrent_4.2.1_x64_setup.exe/download
Last edited by johnEppp on Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

This issue has been fixed with 4.2.3 as I can see on the changelog.