all trackers 'Not Workig''

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

all trackers 'Not Workig''

Post by Fuga »

"All of a sudden" all torrents for all trackers are showing 'Not Working' in the Tracker Status tab. Tried all versions from 4.1.6 to 4.2.3 - same result. Tried on MacBook Pro (10.15.4) and Mac mini (10.15.3) - no good. I know at least one other (see MacBB.org).
Robolov

Re: all trackers 'Not Workig''

Post by Robolov »

This sounds like a connectivity issue. Did you update or change settings in any program that could affect connectivity recently (firewalls, etc.)?
Do you also get that error message when trying to download the latest Ubuntu release?
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Thanks for replying.
Robolov wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:02 am This sounds like a connectivity issue. Did you update or change settings in any program that could affect connectivity recently (firewalls, etc.)?
Absolutely no such changes. Also, happens on other computer. Is happening for at least one other user in similar situations.
Do you also get that error message when trying to download the latest Ubuntu release?
I'm not sure how that relates.

BTW, I have ensured ports are properly forwarded and that my local IP either machine has not changed.
Last edited by Fuga on Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

FSCK!!!!!

LittleSnitch was blocking both incoming and outgoing.

I've done some stooped sh!t in my life, but until this, knew what I did. On both machines! No idea.

Good thing about getting older is not so much giving a damn about why, just super damn glad it's working. Now to bed and then to wake, thinking this was all a bad dream.
nikkip1978

Post by nikkip1978 »

I am having the same issue. My port is open and working properly, I have plenty of disk space, the destination folder is correct, I have a static IP on my MacBook. What am I missing? I am able to download, but not able to seed torrents...
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Fuga wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:09 am LittleSnitch was blocking both incoming and outgoing.
Thanks for reporting back! Glad you found the issue. :)
abojo

Post by abojo »

i am having the same problem
i am naive enough to think littlesnitch is an app
so please help
Robolov

Post by Robolov »

Is qBittorrent allowed to access the internet through your firewall?
shamsmehra90

Post by shamsmehra90 »

The files get listed in my download queue, and when I look at the list of Trackers, they all say "not working". (DHT, PeX, LSD are all listed as "working", but they're grayed out.) All of the trackers have 0 peers. I'm trying to download popular, mainstream files that have many seeders, so it's not just a lack of peers that's the problem.
Robolov

Post by Robolov »

shamsmehra90 wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:41 pm The files get listed in my download queue, and when I look at the list of Trackers, they all say "not working". (DHT, PeX, LSD are all listed as "working", but they're grayed out.) All of the trackers have 0 peers. I'm trying to download popular, mainstream files that have many seeders, so it's not just a lack of peers that's the problem.
Seems like qBittorrent is blocked at some point. Did you check your firewall settings? Also, you should try to use another port than the default one in Options > Connection and see if it makes a difference.
abojo

Post by abojo »

for me yes it is allowed.
the problem is still happening started almost 2 weeks ago. but fixed yesterday without me doing anything
weird!
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

abojo wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:40 am i am having the same problem
i am naive enough to think littlesnitch is an app
so please help
Yes, LittleSnitch is an app. If you do not have it, it is not the source of your problem.
MrOli

Post by MrOli »

Hi,

yesterday i upload the new Catalina and uTorrent was not working anymore so i came to try qtorrent its was working well for a moment but after adding more then 6 torrents, only few of them was starting and the others show the trackers as not working.
And today all the torrents trackers are now not working too.

Do someone have a solution?

Thanks for your help
bbandor

Post by bbandor »

I have the same problem: I download a torrent, put my MacBook to sleep, when I open the lid and look at qbittorent, nothing is seeding, it says "tracker not working" , only restarting qbittorent fixes it.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

When I see the "not working" I find that timecards most instances. Also you can try highlighting them and right-click>Force reannounce.

Is there anything under the message column? One of my trackers is notoriously intolerant of hammering so there will be a message yelling at me not to hammer the server. Nothing to do but keep the torrent(s) open and wait. In my finicky server's case usually overnight.