Forcedly remove content of folder

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
rs232

Forcedly remove content of folder

Post by rs232 »

There are two type of torrent download you can usually get:

1) a single file e.g. SIngleFileMovie.mkv
2) a folder containing one or more files e.g. My movie 1080p (2010) containing
movie 2010.mkv
poster.jpg
do not mirror.exe
subtitles\english.srt
subtitles\spanish.srt

So talking about case 2) only , say I want to e.g. re-encode, extract additional subtitles from the .mkv etc, I often forget behind files so when from qbittorent I go deleting the torrent + content, the torrent root folder on the filesystem would not be removed if it contains any extra file not part of the torrent itself.

So currently when removing a torrent from the GUI we have two options:
a) remove torrent only
b) remove content (content list provided by the torrent itself)

I would suggest to implement an additional case c) which forcedly removes the torrent parent folder My movie 1080p (2010) regardless of its content.

Thanks
hla

Re: Forcedly remove content of folder

Post by hla »

So currently when removing a torrent from the GUI there are two options:
a) remove torrent only
b) remove content (content list provided by the torrent itself)

I would suggest to implement an additional case c) or d): Also remove .torrent file from Harddisk.

I want this because I want to have my .torrent files synchronized with my running torrents in my qBittorrent client.
In this case its easy to make a client shift or PC shift, because in that way I only have to press the .torrent files and then my new qBittorrent client (on a new PC) is running exactly as before the shift.

Now I have to manually take care of this.

The utorrent client has this feature, so I hope You will implement this relatively simple feature in a comming release.

Thanks in advance