BSOD when seeding/downloading multiple torrents

Windows specific questions, problems.
shivakanou

BSOD when seeding/downloading multiple torrents

Post by shivakanou »

Whenever I'm seeding/downloading multiple torrents, I get a BSOD error. It started three days ago with: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (What failed: mwac.sys).

I checked on the internet and it was something related to Malwarebytes. On their forum they'd tell you to install their repair tool, run it and it'd fix the problem. When I opened qBit again, another BSOD, this time different: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE.

Here I go again browsing for solutions. I saw that this could be due to:
  • RAM problem: So I ran Windows' memory check test, no problems reported.
  • HDD issue: Ran CrytalDisk, all 3 disks with Good Health Condition.
The guide told me I should run sfc/scannow and chkdsk, that's when shit hit the fan. As I restarted my computer to run chkdsk, it became REALLY slow and laggy, such that I couldn't even open any folders whatsoever.

As I saw I was stuck I've decided to format it. The formatting went fine and everything seemed ok, but when I had to restart it after installing my GPU drivers and due to some Windows Updates, it wouldn't restart. I just shut it down, turned it back on and it was back to normal, but since then I haven't tried using qBit again until today.

Today I decided to start seeding my torrents. For my surprise I got another BSOD, this time a: KMode Exception Not Handled

While filling my specs bellow, I remembered that everything was fine prior to updating it to the latest version, could be it? Idk.

My specs:
  • Operating System: Windows 10 Home
  • qbittorent Version: v4.2.3 (64-bit)
  • Qt Version: 5.13.2
  • Boost Version: 1.72.0
  • Libtorrent Version: 1.2.5.0
  • What you were doing/attempting to do when the issue occured: Just seed/download multiple (more than 5) torrents.
  • Is this is a new install of qbittorent, upgraded from previous version or previously working client that jsut broke: Previrous installation updated and new installation.
What could it be?
Splat

Re: BSOD when seeding/downloading multiple torrents

Post by Splat »

Run Malwarebytes and see if you've got a bug. I think it's that or you have ran something that is messing with Windows or a driver, not necessarily a virus.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Driver issue on your side:
https://www.file.net/process/mwac.sys.html

Nothing related to qBittorrent.
shivakanou

Post by shivakanou »

Splat wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:10 pm Run Malwarebytes and see if you've got a bug. I think it's that or you have ran something that is messing with Windows or a driver, not necessarily a virus.
I honestly don't know what could be. I ran MBAM's fix, I also checked all my drivers and it's a clear installation... Suggestions?
Nemo wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:29 am Driver issue on your side:
https://www.file.net/process/mwac.sys.html

Nothing related to qBittorrent.
I thought that, but as I said, I solved the issue with MBAM, then it happened again.
My drivers are all up to date :(
Splat

Post by Splat »

shivakanou wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:04 pm I thought that, but as I said, I solved the issue with MBAM, then it happened again.
My drivers are all up to date :(
Then you didn't solve it. You either have a driver issue or Windows system file error. I would get the drivers directly from the mobo manufacturer, display card maker, sound card/chipset maker, etc.. instead of using Windows' drivers.
garbanzhell

Post by garbanzhell »

Hi!

I am having the same issue you described here

Shivakanou, I am curious as to whether you found a solution and if you could share your experience :D
Draebor

Post by Draebor »

getting a similar issue here when i have a couple of completed torrents seeding.

crashes / BSOD near instantly on firing up qBitorrent, with similar errors as described above.

i've had to completely uninstall it, the install a fresh copy to get the app to stop crashing. but it then crashes again randomly after finishing downloading a couple of torrents.