Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Windows specific questions, problems.
OccsE
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by OccsE » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 pm

Can someone help me?

The problem is the following:
I have a new machine with a different name for the drive where the torrents are gone.

And unfortunately every added torrent file is saved under a different directory than the one the client would use when loading torrent ...

So the question is, does a seed solution exist with some configuration?
Maybe some program (like migrating files from qtorret to qBittorent)?

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:37 am

OccsE wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:29 pm
Can someone help me?

The problem is the following:
I have a new machine with a different name for the drive where the torrents are gone.

And unfortunately every added torrent file is saved under a different directory than the one the client would use when loading torrent ...

So the question is, does a seed solution exist with some configuration?
Maybe some program (like migrating files from qtorret to qBittorent)?
Hi! Path replace mechanism realized in migration tools like bt2qbt and deluge2qbt, that allows you to migrate not only between programs, but also operating systems. But in your case, you need just replace paths in qBittorrent?
If it is, there is no such functionality now, but I can add additional functionality in https://github.com/rumanzo/qbtchangetracker

BFD
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by BFD » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 pm

doesn't work with the portable version (the "profile" folder is located in the root folder) of the qBittorrent?

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:39 pm

BFD wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 pm
doesn't work with the portable version (the "profile" folder is located in the root folder) of the qBittorrent?
Hi, I does not probed, but you can define correct paths with flags, it's must work

Blackhole
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by Blackhole » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:46 am

I tried this with my utorrent having 284 torrents and after import, opened qbittorrent and it became non-responsive. I started the app multiple times but every time it becomes non-responsive and stays like that for some time before closing on its own.
Image

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:22 pm

Blackhole wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:46 am
I tried this with my utorrent having 284 torrents and after import, opened qbittorrent and it became non-responsive. I started the app multiple times but every time it becomes non-responsive and stays like that for some time before closing on its own.
Image
Hi. I can hardly help with this. I can only advise you to see the resource consumption by the qBittorrent and wait. And you can check qBittorrent logs, maybe there will be something interesting

crematerimt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by crematerimt » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:07 pm

I have big white window after starting an application. Looks similar to previous post

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:18 pm

Ok, will try to check today why it can be happened

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:07 pm

Blackhole, crematerimt
Check version 1.4, I adapted bt2qbt for libtorrent 1.2.5.0 that uses qBittorrent 4.2.0+ , transfer must be fine now.

Blackhole
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by Blackhole » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 am

rumanzo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:07 pm
Blackhole, crematerimt
Check version 1.4, I adapted bt2qbt for libtorrent 1.2.5.0 that uses qBittorrent 4.2.0+ , transfer must be fine now.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case too, checked some other posts and one person said that 4.2.1 is more optimized so tried that instead and it worked. Although the migration tool still needs some improvements. Some of the existing torrents that I had previously downloaded by selecting some files and the rest were set to "do not download" had a bit of a problem. By definition, those should have been showing 100% completed but, instead, it shows 99% completed and attempts to download the rest and gives off an I/O Error. So I had to re-download everything of that particular torrent.
.
For example, "Assassin's Creed Odyssey FitGirl Ultimate Edition." I had selected only the English language from the selective download section and downloaded the rest of the files like normal in utorrent. Now in qbittorrent it shows, English language and the installer file is downloaded partially and attempts to download them and shows an I/O error. This is also with some other torrents that were very large such as "Frozen 2013 1080p BluRay" which was 20GB in size and was downloaded 100% before, showed an I/O error as well.
.
So, I think the tool needs some improvements. It imported some of the torrents successfully while messing up a few along the way and they had to be re-downloaded. Even deleting the torrents and re-adding them made the app check for existing files, and this method should have worked, but no, it did not. I think it messed up the files wholly. Eventually, I had to re-download 24 torrents. So you might wanna take a look at this.

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:01 am

Blackhole wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 am
rumanzo wrote:
Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:07 pm
Blackhole, crematerimt
Check version 1.4, I adapted bt2qbt for libtorrent 1.2.5.0 that uses qBittorrent 4.2.0+ , transfer must be fine now.
Yeah, I thought that might be the case too, checked some other posts and one person said that 4.2.1 is more optimized so tried that instead and it worked. Although the migration tool still needs some improvements. Some of the existing torrents that I had previously downloaded by selecting some files and the rest were set to "do not download" had a bit of a problem. By definition, those should have been showing 100% completed but, instead, it shows 99% completed and attempts to download the rest and gives off an I/O Error. So I had to re-download everything of that particular torrent.
.
For example, "Assassin's Creed Odyssey FitGirl Ultimate Edition." I had selected only the English language from the selective download section and downloaded the rest of the files like normal in utorrent. Now in qbittorrent it shows, English language and the installer file is downloaded partially and attempts to download them and shows an I/O error. This is also with some other torrents that were very large such as "Frozen 2013 1080p BluRay" which was 20GB in size and was downloaded 100% before, showed an I/O error as well.
.
So, I think the tool needs some improvements. It imported some of the torrents successfully while messing up a few along the way and they had to be re-downloaded. Even deleting the torrents and re-adding them made the app check for existing files, and this method should have worked, but no, it did not. I think it messed up the files wholly. Eventually, I had to re-download 24 torrents. So you might wanna take a look at this.
Thank for a long message. About 100% completion with partically downloaded torrents it's impossible, but I need check about IO error, it's strange.

Blackhole
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:26 am

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by Blackhole » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:54 pm

About 100% completion with partically downloaded torrents it's impossible
Let's say the tool won't work for torrents that were downloaded partially, and by partially I meant this >> See the screenshot I added. Image

In the image, you would see I did not select the languages that I do not need, and after importing them to qbittorrent, they should look like 100% completed just they do now on qbittorrent. But instead, they show 99% completed and attempts to download what left and that too with the additional languages "not downloaded".

Now, this is a problem with those types of torrents. However, it doesn't make sense when the torrents that were previously downloaded 100% such as the movie torrent named "Frozen" I mentioned. I downloaded that 20GB file 100% before and after checking the data it should show as completed, and after I resume it, it should start seeding, but instead, it starts downloading after showing 99% completed. This is what I am talking about. This doesn't make sense. Why should a fully downloaded single file torrent would show 99% completed?

Furthermore, not they only show 99% and start downloading, but they don't download at all and show I/O error. That is where the problem lies. Even after starting the torrent app as "Administrator", I was still getting that I/O error. So, the files must have been messed up in some way. When re-adding the torrents did not work, I re-downloaded them, and this time there was no error even after not selecting some files while downloading.

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 pm

Blackhole wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:54 pm
About 100% completion with partically downloaded torrents it's impossible
Let's say the tool won't work for torrents that were downloaded partially, and by partially I meant this >> See the screenshot I added. Image

In the image, you would see I did not select the languages that I do not need, and after importing them to qbittorrent, they should look like 100% completed just they do now on qbittorrent. But instead, they show 99% completed and attempts to download what left and that too with the additional languages "not downloaded".

Now, this is a problem with those types of torrents. However, it doesn't make sense when the torrents that were previously downloaded 100% such as the movie torrent named "Frozen" I mentioned. I downloaded that 20GB file 100% before and after checking the data it should show as completed, and after I resume it, it should start seeding, but instead, it starts downloading after showing 99% completed. This is what I am talking about. This doesn't make sense. Why should a fully downloaded single file torrent would show 99% completed?

Furthermore, not they only show 99% and start downloading, but they don't download at all and show I/O error. That is where the problem lies. Even after starting the torrent app as "Administrator", I was still getting that I/O error. So, the files must have been messed up in some way. When re-adding the torrents did not work, I re-downloaded them, and this time there was no error even after not selecting some files while downloading.
I build version 1.5, you can check it. Now partically downloaded torrent will be 100% completed, but if you want seed this torrents, you need rehash you torrent files and download missing peaces, after rehash torrents will be 99% copleted.
This is due to the fact that by nature all the files described in the torrent file are splited into several pieces. And one piece may include parts of two files. If one of these files is downloaded, and the second is not selected for download, the torrent downloads a whole piece, but part of the file that is not selected is put into the file in the download directory like ~uTorrentPartFile_XXXXXX.dat . The problem is that I do not know how to convert the file ~uTorrentPartFile_XXXXXX.dat to .somehash.parts which uses qBittorrent for a similar purpose.

P.S. with new version you should not see I/O error, but it caused by bittorrent that add the read-only attribute on the torrent folder. You can delete readonly flag from directory (recursive) and rehash torrent. And it will be possible to resume and complete download torrent.

Qbites
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by Qbites » Fri May 22, 2020 10:50 am

hi,
i recently changed from base OS win10 to linux mint.
all my torrents need path redirection:
D:\ to /media/user/DATA
same for E:\ and F:\ to related external HDD path on linux.
can it be done? i've tried different path replacement commands with bt2qbt_v1.5_amd64 (on vmware win10) and with bt2qbt_v1.5_amd64_linux but all unsuccesful.

rumanzo
VIP
VIP
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:46 pm

Re: Windows tool for migration from Bittorrent/uTorrent/Deluge to qBittorrent

Post by rumanzo » Fri May 22, 2020 9:01 pm

Qbites wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:50 am
hi,
i recently changed from base OS win10 to linux mint.
all my torrents need path redirection:
D:\ to /media/user/DATA
same for E:\ and F:\ to related external HDD path on linux.
can it be done? i've tried different path replacement commands with bt2qbt_v1.5_amd64 (on vmware win10) and with bt2qbt_v1.5_amd64_linux but all unsuccesful.
hi. you can
you need -r flag and may be --sep="/"
if you write me command line that you use, I can help you

P.S. try kubuntu)

Post Reply