Torrents have disappeared from qBittorrent after reinstalling

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Kotrab

Torrents have disappeared from qBittorrent after reinstalling

Post by Kotrab »

Hi,

This is my first post. I've been having repeated problems with qBt crashing as soon as I opened it. So I uninstalled the app, re-downloaded it, and reinstalled it. When I opened the new installation, the torrent list was completely empty. All my downloaded files are still in place, but they're not showing up in qBt. I've searched within the Mac Library (Application Support etc.), but can't find any torrent files, backups or anything.

Most of my torrents were automatically loaded in via magnet links, so I'm not sure how to track these down anyway.

I had already emptied trash before reinstalling qBt, so there was nothing left there from the uninstallation. I've tried looking through my TimeMachine backup, but can't seem to find anything relating to qBt there.

Any suggestions about how I can reconnect qBt to all my downloads?

Many thanks,
K

I'm running Mac OS X Mojave 10.14.6 on an iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013).
Robolov

Re: Torrents have disappeared from qBittorrent after reinstalling

Post by Robolov »

Hi Kotrab, that is quite the annoying issue. Did you check in

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/qBittorrent
or have you got a backup of this folder?
Kotrab

Post by Kotrab »

Robolov wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:20 pm Hi Kotrab, that is quite the annoying issue. Did you check in

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/qBittorrent
or have you got a backup of this folder?
Thanks Robolov, I did check in the Application Support folder, but there was nothing there. I also tried looking through Time Machine backups, but for some reason qBt doesn't show up anywhere in there (is that a privacy feature, or a bug? not sure).

Is there any way I can re-initiate seeding of torrents I've fully downloaded, without having to go back and find .torrent files or magnetic links for them, or creating new seeds for them myself?
Robolov

Post by Robolov »

I don't know how you'd be able to get that stuff back then, or if you even can. Maybe someone else might be able to help, but I think you'll have to find the original torrents again.