Everything stalled, no seeders

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
djakk

Everything stalled, no seeders

Post by djakk »

Hi - so last night everything was working fine.

This morning I find that all my torrents are stalled and the seeders have all gone to 0 (0).

I didn't change anything so not really sure whats going on - can someone help?
tmo1138

Re: Everything stalled, no seeders

Post by tmo1138 »

I had the same problem here.. I found this article that suggested "forcing" the seeding and that worked.. but it's odd that I even had to go to *that* much trouble.

https://geekdroids.com/qbittorrent-stalled/
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

That's never the way to go. Forcing is not a magical solution.

You should click the tracker tab on bottom and check the trackers. You should check Execution Log. You should use an "online port forward check tool" to see if you are actually port forwarded. Torrenting is not turnkey. It's not hard either, but one must invest that bit of time to learn the basics and then it'll be a knowledge you can use for several years.
djakk

Post by djakk »

Great article thanks. I'll try some of these and let you know if anything worked!
djakk

Post by djakk »

Peter wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:56 pm That's never the way to go. Forcing is not a magical solution.

You should click the tracker tab on bottom and check the trackers. You should check Execution Log. You should use an "online port forward check tool" to see if you are actually port forwarded. Torrenting is not turnkey. It's not hard either, but one must invest that bit of time to learn the basics and then it'll be a knowledge you can use for several years.
So in the tracker tab there are a bunch of IP addresses and whatever I have that is trying to run are in the "Error" section.

For the port forwarding it keeps saying that Error: I could not see your service on [my IP] on port (9000), Reason: Connection timed out.

Is there a particular port that I should be using?
tmo1138

Post by tmo1138 »

Peter wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:56 pm That's never the way to go. Forcing is not a magical solution.

A fair assessment.. and I understand. Frankly, using Force 'smelled' wrong. My problem right now is that I"m not seeing any errors in the error logs.. the torrents all say 'working', etc.

Can 'stalled' also mean there's simply no one to seed? Maybe I'm just being obtuse.. the filters on the left show the torrents in 'stalled' status.. but the status of each of the torrents shows "seeding".
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

So in the tracker tab there are a bunch of IP addresses and whatever I have that is trying to run are in the "Error" section.

For the port forwarding it keeps saying that Error: I could not see your service on [my IP] on port (9000), Reason: Connection timed out.

Is there a particular port that I should be using?
I think that message is VERY tracker specific. I would try looking at the tracker's FAQ/Wiki/Help section. Maybe you have to specify the port you are using in your account settings? I have not seen that message ever before (on any tracker, but I am not a big private tracker guy).
djakk

Post by djakk »

Well, sadly I tried Deluge and also got errors, went back to Vuze and everything works perfectly.

Would much rather be on qBittorrent but can't seem to figure this out :/