"Last Activity" resets on client restart

Windows specific questions, problems.
Zoloft

"Last Activity" resets on client restart

Post by Zoloft »

Hello yet again!

Sorry for all the questions, I used utorrent for more than a decade, and I have gotten picky about how things are set up!

I noticed some posts on this subject from back in 2018, but nothing in the last two years, so, maybe this is intentional, or so inconsequential to most that it's essentially a non-issue.

Every time I restart the client, the "last activity" column resets to infinity. I'd greatly prefer, if the functionality exists, for this to not reset, and maintain the last active timer thru each restart. Is there an option to adjust this that I'm missing?

Thanks as always!

Your friendly neighborhood Zoloft
railfrog

Re: "Last Activity" resets on client restart

Post by railfrog »

I have it working properly on version 3.3.16
I am currently trying the most up-to-date version 4.2.5 and it is not working.

This has been a problem for years and needs sorting
Zoloft

Post by Zoloft »

Thank you for the reply. I am at least glad to know it's a bug, not an an option I'm simply missing!
austinwbest

Post by austinwbest »

Last Activity is broken in many ways and has been for quite some time. Ive also got an open bug on github about it.
MrBlue2k

Post by MrBlue2k »

hello,

any news when this will be working?
I just switched from uTorrent to try in out, but last activity is important, because sometimes i have to delete torrents and i choose the ones that are inactive for more than a year or so, so this value ist very important to me and can't just reset every time I restart the client, at the moment I can use the old data from uTorrent but I need this to work.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Check Github, see if you find the ticket for it and put a Star marker on it so you get notified once it has been fixed.
earthscab

Post by earthscab »

I'm cautiously optimistic that this has finally been fixed in 4.3.7.

Just powered down and rebooted my desktop to change hardware and the Last Activity times remained correct.
MrBlue2k

Post by MrBlue2k »

I just switched to version 4.4.4 and the last activity still does not work at all.

after PC shut down and reboot all torrents show the infinity symbol, but that´s not all when qbittorrent is running a while some torrents show a last activity time even when session upload and session download remain at zero. So the question for me is what else triggers the last activity to switch from the infinity value to a time value, when no download or upload occurred the torrent was not really active...

I let the program run for 12 hours and look how many torrents change there last activity value despite session up or download.
MrBlue2k

Post by MrBlue2k »

after 12h there where 117 of my 370 seeding torrents that now have last activity between 1 minute ago and nearly 12 hours ago but only 9 of them had session upload, none of the 370 torrents had session download, so what else counts as activity this makes no sense, only actual download or upload should count as activity.

after 24h 212 of my 370 seeding torrents had a value of between 1 minute and 24 hours in the column last activity only 12 of them had session upload and none of the 370 torrents had session download.
Last edited by MrBlue2k on Sun Aug 28, 2022 8:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
earthscab

Post by earthscab »

Yeah, I've noticed bogus "activity" too.