Incompatible Qt Library on FreeBSD

Other platforms, generic questions.
jfkby

Incompatible Qt Library on FreeBSD

Post by jfkby » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:32 am

After the first restart of my FreeNAS server in weeks, my qBittorrent install under a FreeBSD jail isn’t able to start, giving the error ‘Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.14.2) with this library (5.15.0)’

While the issue seems fairly clear, I have NO idea how to go about resolving it. I’m new to all this so hopefully it’s a pretty easy fix...

Thanks in advance!

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Incompatible Qt Library on FreeBSD

Post by Peter » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Yeah, you will have to ask the FreeBSD forum or IRC about that. :/

jfkby

Post by jfkby » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:06 am

Peter wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Peter, I will certainly make those inquiries.

It’s worth noting that while trying to resolve this, I uninstalled the qBittorrent package, and when I went to reinstall the package didn’t seem to exist any more, (hinting at it not being able to compile?). I also (for the first time ever) tired to compile the port myself, but I also couldn’t get that to run. I’m the epitome of a novice, but it feels like a larger OS issue

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:29 am

"I’m the epitome of a novice, but it feels like a larger OS issue"

Don't worry, we all start out somewhere. And FreeNAS is pretty unique. It is a great system for NAS, but if you try to make it do something else, you may experience things like this. Not saying it's a fault, it's just designed to be a NAS system and it's a great NAS system. FreeBSD on the other hand is an OS you can use on a server, desktop, VPS systems, or as a NAS. So honestly I'd just use FreeBSD and set everything else up on it (installer helps you set up ZFS and everything). But of course, you have things set up now. I am just talking about the future, so to speak.

muddro

Post by muddro » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:56 am

jfkby wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:06 am
Peter wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:02 pm

Thanks for getting back to me Peter, I will certainly make those inquiries.

It’s worth noting that while trying to resolve this, I uninstalled the qBittorrent package, and when I went to reinstall the package didn’t seem to exist any more, (hinting at it not being able to compile?). I also (for the first time ever) tired to compile the port myself, but I also couldn’t get that to run. I’m the epitome of a novice, but it feels like a larger OS issue
Had this same issue. Easiest way is to revert your /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf to quarterly. Then run pkg update. Then run pkg upgrade -f

Jailer

Post by Jailer » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:52 pm

The port is deprecated and will be removed on 12/31.

@Peter do you know why the port is being removed?

Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:55 am

"@Peter do you know why the port is being removed?"

Sadly I don't frequent FreeBSD/FreeNAS mailing lists, but you could email the maintainer directly IMO.
Where did you read this message?

Jailer

Post by Jailer » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:07 pm

It was displayed in the terminal window when I updated recently.

jfkby

Post by jfkby » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:13 am

muddro wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:56 am
Had this same issue. Easiest way is to revert your /etc/pkg/FreeBSD.conf to quarterly. Then run pkg update. Then run pkg upgrade -f
I went down a slightly different diagnostic route, but have ended up in a situation where I have qBittorrent installed again (from the quarterly repo), but when I reinstalled it, whatever file needed to be created in /usr/local/etc/rc.d, wasn't, so when I go to start the service it just fails. Would you be willing to copy out the contense of your /usr/local/etc/rc.d/qbittorrent file so I can recreate the file myself and see if I can get it to start?