qBittorrent 4.2.5 and bug?

Windows specific questions, problems.
nexus2001

qBittorrent 4.2.5 and bug?

Post by nexus2001 »

There is something weird going on.

For example:

I have downloaded several torrents which are finished and I do not download for a day or more. qBit is active all the time.
When I download torrent file/magnet link it shows up in qBit, but it doesn't start downloading. Only way to start downloading is to exit qBit and start it again.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBittorrent 4.2.5 and bug?

Post by Peter »

Do you see anything in the Log?
What do you see if you click Trackers tab on bottom?
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

I had to wait for a TV show episode to come out, so I'm writing it now.

Nothing in Log. Just that the "name of the show" torrent is added and nothing else afterwards. Trackers: working.
Last edited by nexus2001 on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Trackers working, and it also sees peers? And just nothing happens?
In Settings -> RSS? there is a Refresh interval.

Alternatively, you could just make a very simple .bat file to kill and start qBittorrent again.
Just two lines. And run that in Task Scheduler every few hours. Kinda dumb but works I guess.
Gripweed107

Post by Gripweed107 »

nexus2001 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm I have downloaded several torrents which are finished and I do not download for a day or more. qBit is active all the time.
When I download torrent file/magnet link it shows up in qBit, but it doesn't start downloading. Only way to start downloading is to exit qBit and start it again.
Hopefully I'm understanding the problem correctly - Have you checked to see if "Tools > Options > Downloads > Do not start the download automatically" is unchecked. Although I'm not sure whether if it was checked a restart of Qbittorrent would cause it to download then.
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

Gripweed107 wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:25 pm
nexus2001 wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:26 pm I have downloaded several torrents which are finished and I do not download for a day or more. qBit is active all the time.
Hopefully I'm understanding the problem correctly - Have you checked to see if "Tools > Options > Downloads > Do not start the download automatically" is unchecked. Although I'm not sure whether if it was checked a restart of Qbittorrent would cause it to download then.
Yes. Mostly everything is by default, except download location and upload speed.

This problem happens rarely, but it happens.
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

I found something else.
It seems that it hogs internet. How to explain?
I'm currently download something, It's not using so much DL speed (50mbps is ISP, and QBT is DLing 2MBps - not a typo MBps) , also UL is limited by me to 10kbps. But for example Firefox has trouble loading pages (Youtube) fully, while Qbt is downloading something.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

That's a common issue with torrent clients. All of them.
They often use a high connection number by default - which most often does not cause issues. HOWEVER, if you use a cheap router (or your ISP uses a cheap router), it might put way too much load on the router and cause slowdown/internet failure.

Simply go into Settings -> Connection ->
and set [ Global maximum number of connections ] to something lower like 100, or 50. You can go even lower.
nexus2001

Post by nexus2001 »

Strangely it was OK on older version of QBT, this new version is problematic. I lowered Global and per torrent, but this makes it worse. I cannot download certain torrents.