qBit, STOP moving files around!!

Linux specific questions, problems.
Qbites

qBit, STOP moving files around!!

Post by Qbites »

How to set qbittorrent to NEVER EVER move my files around without my permission???!
In settings everything is set to handle torrents MANUALLY.

I had a pathname issue and it moved 330GB of my files from the external drive to the SSD drive to the point it's totally full! What a damn MESS! >:( >:( >:(
I have to copy & paste all that manually back to the original place!

How is that even allowed without a warning! Instead of just saying "no such path" or whatever?!
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: qBit, STOP moving files around!!

Post by Peter »

qBittorrent never moves your files around just by itself.
did you set a specific download folder in settings for example? there is the problem then.
fredbit

Post by fredbit »

I would also want a way to turn off the moving of files completely. Including when changing the location, because I want the complete control of moving the files and setting the location separately.

Sometimes qBittorrent does weird stuff when changing location, like move or copy all the contents inside the folder, even files that aren't part of the torrent.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Sometimes qBittorrent does weird stuff when changing location, like move or copy all the contents inside the folder, even files that aren't part of the torrent.
I'd say, re-check all your settings, read the wiki on the settings. You must have something set up that does this, because I have not met this behavior in years of use.