Unable to seed, all torrents show up as 'stalled uploading'

Windows specific questions, problems.
maquesad

Unable to seed, all torrents show up as 'stalled uploading'

Post by maquesad »

Hello team,

I am using qbittorent 4.3.1 and all my torrent are showing up as 'stalled uploading'.
Issue is only with uploads as all download are working fine.

I thought this might be a firewall/antivirus issue, so I disable windows defender and uninstall my antivirus avast but the issue persist.

I hardcoded qbittorent to use ethernet address as interface but issue persist.

Please advise.
wasntlistening

Re: Unable to seed, all torrents show up as 'stalled uploading'

Post by wasntlistening »

I have the same problem (downloads are perfectly fine, all seeding is stalled), however ONLY when I am using a proxy, OR if I'm just on a vpn in general. As soon as I turn of the proxy and/or vpn, seeding works fine. I've found a couple older forum posts around indicating a similar issue while running a proxy.

I haven't found any indication that my VPN/Proxy provider can't work with p2p networks like this (they clearly support p2p use), so I have to think it's a problem internal to qBittorent.
maquesad

Post by maquesad »

I am not using any proxy and the issue still happens.

I am not sure what other details I can provide.
x56735x

Post by x56735x »

I'm also having this problem. Wanting to know why I can't seed but can DL fine. Looked around google and tried the various fixes with no luck.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

wasntlistening wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:53 amhowever ONLY when I am using a proxy, OR if I'm just on a vpn in general.

I haven't found any indication that my VPN/Proxy provider can't work with p2p networks like this (they clearly support p2p use), so I have to think it's a problem internal to qBittorent.
Proxy/VPN renders you passive. There are a few ways about this.
- You can use a VPN provider that gives you active port forwarding. Mullvad does that, or Windscribe (you need a static IP purchased on top of your sub there.) I think PIA also provides port forward. Or at least they did, but ever since they got sold, I would not use that provider.
- You can simply just use a seedbox. Then it's easy to seed and you can just use FTP or whatever protocol you prefer to fetch your files from the server. Seriously, I truly believe that if someone is using a VPN/proxy only for torrenting, a seedbox is a way better solution. Both for them and for the swarm as well. Everyone just wins with that.

Proxy-wise, it will always make you passive / kill seeding.
- I'm also having this problem. Wanting to know why I can't seed but can DL fine. Looked around google and tried the various fixes with no luck.
- I am not using any proxy and the issue still happens.
- Make sure you port forward properly. Do not rely on UPnP, its 99% poop.
- Make sure you disable Windows firewall, router firewall, all that crap. Once you are behind a router, you effectively have a firewall (cause of NAT).
- Seeding on private trackers IS HARD. IT IS INCREDIBLY HARD. Because people have great servers, seedfarms, seedboxes. It's super hard to compete with those. People have the tracker's RSS feed loaded into ruTorrent which then automatically loads the freshly uploaded torrent files into their seedbox which can have a huge RAID10 disk array with 60+gb of ram, an NVMe RAID SSD system, anything. And you are trying to seed against those. Impossible. (*There is one tactic that kinda works in tough places, with the home connection. You build huge storage locally and start seeding 10,000 torrents. Then, through all those seeded torrents, you may be able to seed some amount. But it's not easy.) Seriously, if you just want to buffer, seedbox. Of course, keep seeding whatever you download because that's how p2p works. It relies on you. But don't try to fight on trackers with a home connection with limited connection and resources. It won't work.
Soirtemed

Post by Soirtemed »

All my downloads remained stalled getting no seeds suddenly today ... after generating a new random incoming port problem went away ... perhaps a similar remedy can be applied to those reporting that they could not seed
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Seems most of the issues related to stalled are VPN users.
bncreg

Post by bncreg »

Hello, I just noticed I have the same problem: all torrents I start stuck on "stall"; I don't use vpn or other, yes I have a modem+router+etc but the fun fact is on my desktop everything is stuck (I tried downloading LibreOffice), while on my notebook (same configuration of qbittorrent, both connected to wifi) it starts right when I add it and it's fast.
I'm about to try to do a clean qbittorrent reinstall on my desktop, any other clue? Thanks in advance
bncreg

Post by bncreg »

A clean reinstall of the client seems to have solved the problem; I just tried to download the same torrent as a few hours before and it works fine. I hope the problem does not come back
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Hopefully it stays that way ;).