qbit 4.3.3 quit working.

Windows specific questions, problems.
HapHazard

qbit 4.3.3 quit working.

Post by HapHazard »

Started Qbit,only to see all files are red with an exclamation mark. If I hit "resume all" the files will turn blue briefly,but then immediately turn red again.

Anybody?
HapHazard

Re: qbit 4.3.3 quit working.

Post by HapHazard »

Ok. I guess my eyeballs weren't working. I saw that the drive letter changed on my portable drive which is set as the folder for all downloads. I changed the drive letter in Qbit to match the portable,but still get the files in Red and not working.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

What does it do if you try to recheck?
HapHazard

Post by HapHazard »

Thanks for the response Nemo.

I didn't even know that you could do a recheck. I "called a friend" and he was very helpful as always. I am trying to figure out why it says Missing Files. Is it because the drive letter changed? (I use my portable drive as the destination for downloads).

My friend suggested a force recheck,and now the files are downloading (a couple at a time). I wonder what happened to the files,and if I will have this issue anytime I need to disconnect my portable drive? That would render a portable drive not so portable. ;D Also,is this basically a refresh of the files,or is it adding to the volume as well?

Thanks for any insight.

Hap
Clothes

Post by Clothes »

I use a portable drive with a Truecrypt file I DL into with qBT. Whenever the drive/TCfile is not accessible, the qBT opens without finding any files. After I completely exit qBT(File->Exit), and once the drive/TCfile is restored, qBT opens and is happily where it was working.

I just created a portable qBT in addition to my win install. I found the portable was reading some entries, from the installed qBT, out of AppData or the Registry, that were pointing it to fast resume the current torrent files. Once I ripped everything out and reattempted the new portable install, I had to tell qBT where the download location was in options, reload each .torr file, and 'Force Recheck' each listed torrent to access the current files. The portable is still creating dir in AppData, but doesn't seem to bee writing any data to it.