v4.3.5 app going into "not responding" state frequently

Windows specific questions, problems.
user42

v4.3.5 app going into "not responding" state frequently

Post by user42 »

I'm not sure why this is happening. I've been using qbittorrent for a while without issues. It's been freezing up lately though. Specifically after I change the IP binding setting, and try to restart the app. Before quiting the app it will freeze after changing the IP setting in advanced settings, and I have to use task manager to end the task. Reopening the app shows the correct IP was binded, but then the app will freeze again. Idk what's wrong.
4dfall

Re: v4.3.5 app going into "not responding" state frequently

Post by 4dfall »

My client just kept crashing every time I started a torrent. So I've reverted back to 4.3.4.1 and won't be returning to 4.3.5. I'd recommend the same if you're experiencing instability.
DeathStalker

Post by DeathStalker »

Didn't see this post before I posted about the same issue. Not happy at all.
S.H.Bouwhuis

Post by S.H.Bouwhuis »

Man, what a bummer. I'm still on v3.3.16 from 2017. I came here to see whether v4.x was finally stable. It's shocking to see that after more than 3 years it still isn't?!?

I originally switched from μTorrent to qBittorrent because of all the regressions. I see now that qBittorrent has the same problem.
What is it with bittorrent clients that makes this happen? Is it feature bloat? Is it poor QA/testing?
It really is a shame/sad :'(
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Running 2 clients with 2 different systems; 1 is almost 24/7 active and other sometimes when using my main system and im yet to encounter any issues. I never had any issues or whatsoever with system hanging or not responding client while the first one has 1021 torrents at the moment of writing in it and the second much lesser 24 at the moment. Using no VPN or any sort of IP change binding nothing, As I always compare it with my usage/experience and try to reproduce it, I wish I could, but I simply can't.

Also. seeing only 5 comments here while its being downloaded thousands of times makes it nothing to compare to uTorrent. Its like comparing apples with pears like we say in Dutch and also making an elephant of a fly. If it was unstable (which is for some handful of users, wish it wasn't) it wouldn't be used at all on active private trackers with high number of registered users, atleast where im a member of. And not only that; I see enough peers in the peerlist using it with a random torrent.

Come with steps, your system specs, has anything changed since the problems started, is your system busy, do you download to external drives everything can cause it. I can't sniff everything, without detailed explanations I can't know all those things. I can do nothing with ''It doesn't work..'', actually it does but the problem lies somewhere else probably. Same with stalled problems for example are 99% VPN users, the problem is on their end and their router/port settings most of the time or don't know how the protocol works to configure it correctly, but thats a sidenote.

Its definitly not the bloat as qBittorrent is not bloated at all and it probably never will, even if it would the source is there to be rebuild. Atleast we don't build in a miner or ads right and its open source? But still keep comparing it with uTorrent, as I said apples and pears story. The problem is that different people want different things which can cause the bloat on the long run. A simple fact is that you can't please everyone and that will be always the case.

These kind of things can also be posted at Github where the devs are active, they don't visit here that often. It can be libtorrent issue, QT issue and not even qBittorrent issue at all. The libraries used can be the cause also but to confirm that we need more confirmations. With a quick search I do find only 1 issue about this which is on Mac OS;

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/issues/14912

Thats my opinion with all due respect of course, you don't have to agree with me. Im only here on my free time to help where I can ;).
S.H.Bouwhuis

Post by S.H.Bouwhuis »

<Hollander>Ha ha ha, ok, je hebt me overtuigd!</Hollander>

Ok, thanks. You convinced me. I'll try to make the jump to v4.3.5.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Nice, I will be following this topic.

Read your pm ;).