Dual-boot Windows: qBittorrent fried internet on W10

Windows specific questions, problems.
rbowser

Dual-boot Windows: qBittorrent fried internet on W10

Post by rbowser »

I have seen many references to computers losing internet connection while using qBittorrent. I've also read the cause is too much bandwidth choking the computer, so settings need to be edited in the qBit interface. I've made those changes, but what I haven't fixed is my internet connection.

In all the posts I've read, after having this internet crashing issue, users have fixed things simply by rebooting their computers and/or rebooting their routers. Nothing like that has worked for me yet.

My computer is dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7. It's the W10 side that is currently fried. I've tried updating the internet adapters. No change. I've also tried rolling back the drivers - nothing. Downloading new drivers and re-installing didn't work either.

This is W10 v. 1909. The problem did not start with a Windows update as it has with some users. It happened as I tried to use qBit for the first time.

The W7 partition is working fine. I'm using a *different* torrent service there, the one I've used for years.

Any suggestions? - The adapters in question are:

Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller 1 and 2.

Bummed out.
RB
ItWasSooted

Re: Dual-boot Windows: qBittorrent fried internet on W10

Post by ItWasSooted »

Try using TCP only in Qbittorrent. There's a problem with the Realtek controller and certain motherboards. Mine is a B550.

Someone suggested that uTP may be a cause. I haven't had any problems since.
rbowser

Re: Dual-boot Windows: qBittorrent fried internet on W10

Post by rbowser »

Thanks much for the reply, ItWasSooted

Getting this added confirmation that there's a problem between QBitt and Realtek is appreciated. I'll look for where I change that setting in the QBitt UI.

In the meantime, I still have no internet connection on my W10 partition. Internet is fine on my W7 partition. But the internet adapters are reported as having problems on W10. I have tried everything, as I said in my original post, but nothing has fixed it.

I guess I'll have to go nuclear and reinstall W10 again. Maybe it's a long shot this will fix things, but I don't know what else to do.

Thanks again.