RSS Proxy, just for update.

Windows specific questions, problems.
GorillazMK

RSS Proxy, just for update.

Post by GorillazMK »

Hello people! I have been using qBitTorrent for a long time, I have all the necessary options. But this time I'm not sure about this.

Is there an option to put HTTP Proxy that will ONLY update RSS FEEDS, but not for download? Download to go normally through my ISP.

Thank you,
Kind Regards.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: RSS Proxy, just for update.

Post by Peter »

Why would you "hide" your RSS updates? That's just text data, nothing illegal in it. Like... no one will scold you for checking text.
GorillazMK

Post by GorillazMK »

Peter wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:39 pm Why would you "hide" your RSS updates? That's just text data, nothing illegal in it. Like... no one will scold you for checking text.
No, i don't want to hide. The problem is that through my IP RSS doesn't works.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Hmm. Maybe 'proxy' the RSS you are trying to use?

Ie.: https://leviwheatcroft.github.io/selfho ... proxy.html

Basically, making a copy of the RSS, hosted by you, so you can RSS it. Maybe. Just an idea.
GorillazMK

Post by GorillazMK »

Peter wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:28 am Hmm. Maybe 'proxy' the RSS you are trying to use?

Ie.: https://leviwheatcroft.github.io/selfho ... proxy.html

Basically, making a copy of the RSS, hosted by you, so you can RSS it. Maybe. Just an idea.
Hmmm, good idea. But can you please help me how to use / install?
Njordic

Post by Njordic »

Using RSS feeds from a proxy site most likley wont work. All they do is mirror webpages. The download link in the Proxy Webpage will still use the main hosts domain. Won't work.
Last edited by Njordic on Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Njordic

Post by Njordic »

GorillazMK wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:37 am Hello people! I have been using qBitTorrent for a long time, I have all the necessary options. But this time I'm not sure about this.

Is there an option to put HTTP Proxy that will ONLY update RSS FEEDS, but not for download? Download to go normally through my ISP.

Thank you,
Kind Regards.
Completely understand what you mean and trying to do.

Go to Tools/Options/Connections

From there there's a little area marked "Proxy Server" if you fill that out and make sure it's the right type of connection and so on. (Most services like NordVPN provide a login and password. The only service provider I am aware of that doesn't support Proxy connection is ExpressVPN)

Above the Authentication sections is two options. Check the one that says "Use proxy only for torrents". This means it'' fetch RSS feeds and the contents of which through the proxy.

Leave the peer-to-peer connection alone unless you want it to download using the proxy which by what you said, you don't.

You'll find that most Proxy websites just mirror the site so all the download links on the RSS feed just won't work.

Hope this helps and sorry for being months late.