qbittorrent 4.2.5 fast to download and slow to upload

Windows specific questions, problems.
mouratec2

qbittorrent 4.2.5 fast to download and slow to upload

Post by mouratec2 »

Dear collaborators,
Could anyone tell how to solve this problem? My qbittorrent downloads at maximum speed, however, uploads are almost always 0 B / s. At times, they average 150 Kb / s and then return to 0 B / s. My downloads are very popular, there is no reason not to seed.
TheBlueLizard

Re: qbittorrent 4.2.5 fast to download and slow to upload

Post by TheBlueLizard »

I'm having this same problem and have tried every potential fix I can find. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
iliast

Post by iliast »

Same here... :(
samsepi0l

Post by samsepi0l »

Same again, big problem of slow upload
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

Seeding is always harder and many factors influence it.
- Is the newtork setup correctly done? Prefer the manual port setup and port redirection on your router vs relying on the uPNP
- if VPN in use, does it support port forwarding
- How many seeders on your torrent? The more you see the more you compete with other seeders. In this cas the winners are the seedbox or similar (fiber connection, low latencies, etc).

You may change some settings inside the SW of course but a lot are already optimised and the above will have more weight at start
E.g. you have a torrent with 100 seeders, and 10-15 seedboxes in the loop. You, as a user with regular setup and connection, have less chance to be connected by peers.

How to fight? Take a seedbox or play the long run. There are often a lot of seeders the week a torrent is out but because seedboxes have often not so many storage they may be out of the equation quicky.