"Download in sequential order" moved into torrent options in 4.4.0

Windows specific questions, problems.
planeSight

"Download in sequential order" moved into torrent options in 4.4.0

Post by planeSight »

I'm a heavy user of "Download in sequential order" as I like to start watching before the download has completed. This option is now tucked further away for some reason under right-click > Torrent Options instead of just in the right-click menu. I know this can be selected when the initial download box is displayed.....but I never remember to select it there.

====
From release log:
BUGFIX: Move a few torrent context menu actions into "Torrent options" dialog (thalieht)
====

I wouldn't have called moving convenient items to a less convenient location a bugfix, but hey, that's just me.

Does anyone know if it's configurable (can I put it back in the right-click menu)?
freesolo

Re: "Download in sequential order" moved into torrent options in 4.4.0

Post by freesolo »

Agree. Not sure why the most used functions are now even more hidden under an additional layer. Dislike the additional clicks required to access.

Just compile your own version of qbittorrent v4.4.0 with sequential & first/last always set to ON by default, like I did. Then you don't have to worry about this setting ever again :)
PeGGaaSuSS

Post by PeGGaaSuSS »

Hello,

Same here, I nearly always use sequential & first/last and it's highly annoying to have to go dig for those.
I'd love to know the justification for moving those...

Beside that the translation isn't even fully completed in the torrent option box.
Attachments
OPTIONS.png
OPTIONS.png (15.28 KiB) Viewed 5852 times
freesolo

Post by freesolo »

PeGGaaSuSS wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:26 pm Beside that the translation isn't even fully completed in the torrent option box.
My translation is all English within the torrent options box. Not sure what's going on with your settings.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Could not yet been translated to French or not synced right with the translations side.

Update on this subject:

The context menu actions will be reverted, meaning it will be back like it was in v4.3.9. The milestone is set at v4.4.1 at the moment.
https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorrent/pull/16016