New context menu doesn't allow for moving a download location.

Windows specific questions, problems.
maxxon

New context menu doesn't allow for moving a download location.

Post by maxxon »

Used to be that I could move the location of the destination of a torrent, but since I upgraded (maybe the last one) the context menu has changed in the upper window. Seems that some consolidating of some items under Torrent options... occurred, which is good when I finally figured out that is where many of the options went. However, I couldn't directly move the destination location once it has started downloading. I figured that I should change the destination in the Save at edit box, but it didn't work. I found a workaround where I had to enable and then disable the Enable another path for incomplete torrent (I did it with closing the Torrent Options window between toggling. I also paused the torrent as well, but I don't know if that was necessary.) and that finally moved it, but I think that it should have moved it without me having to do that.

I'm assuming that this is a bug, so I'm just reporting it.

Thx. Great app.

M
avaloner50

Re: New context menu doesn't allow for moving a download location.

Post by avaloner50 »

I second that.
standardman

Post by standardman »

seriously, why on earth would you remove that option?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Some things from v4.3.9 are backported to the new upcoming release v4.4.1. Till then use v4.3.9 which still works fine.
joeblack2k8

Post by joeblack2k8 »

Yes this is good to know that the feature will be brought back. I downloaded a torrent forgetting to set its location to a drive that has more than enough space, and the Set Location feature made this really easy and simple. Now that I've upgraded to 4.4.0, it is quite the challenge. I paused the torrent, went into Torrent Options and updated the path, resumed it, and the files still haven't moved to the new location. It looks like I'll have to delete the existing downloads, and add the torrent back and set the correct path.