0 upload speed, and torrents getting stuck on "Downloading metadata"

Other platforms, generic questions.
PopeRigby

0 upload speed, and torrents getting stuck on "Downloading metadata"

Post by PopeRigby »

I just seem to be hitting every single problem with qBittorrent. I'm trying to download a torrent, but it's been stuck at "Downloading metadata" for at least 10 minutes. This happens a lot. It's saying that there are no seeders and the peers column is show "0 (7)". I'm using Mullvad VPN, and I've setup port forwarding with it, but that doesn't seem to help.
Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 15-59-08 qBittorrent v4 4 0 Web UI.png
Screenshot 2022-01-22 at 15-59-08 qBittorrent v4 4 0 Web UI.png (19.29 KiB) Viewed 5106 times
The other issue is that I'm trying to seed a file, but the upload speed is 0. I'm guess that's because I'm not connected to any peers, but there are over a hundred of them on the bottom torrent in the picture.

I'm using qBittorrent 4.4.0 from the LinuxServer.io Docker image.
rafi

Re: 0 upload speed, and torrents getting stuck on "Downloading metadata"

Post by rafi »

PopeRigby wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:03 am I just seem to be hitting every single problem with qBittorrent.
Might be the time to move [back] to uTorrent... Looking pretty stable and error free over here...:)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

- There is no official Docker image by the qBittorrent team, so we can only support so much.
Im trying to download a torrent, but it's been stuck at "Downloading metadata" for at least 10 minutes. This happens a lot. It's saying that there are no seeders and the peers column is show "0 (7)". I'm using Mullvad VPN, and I've setup port forwarding with it, but that doesn't seem to help.
7 peers seems super low. Check Tracker tab, see what that says. If you port forward, you must make sure to set qBittorrent to the same port as the forwarded port in Mullvad. Like, you have to modify the ports in the docker config, and then also modify them in qBittorrent.
The other issue is that I'm trying to seed a file, but the upload speed is 0. I'm guess that's because I'm not connected to any peers, but there are over a hundred of them on the bottom torrent in the picture.
Same thing as the metadata one. You simply don't have a good connection set up. Ie.: Port forwarding, Docker, VPN.. something is amiss at one of these.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

rafi wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:41 am
PopeRigby wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:03 am I just seem to be hitting every single problem with qBittorrent.
Might be the time to move [back] to uTorrent... Looking pretty stable and error free over here...:)
Oh, there is a Docker uTorrent image? Interesting! Could you link it, please?