4.4.0 (64 Bit) Has Serious Problems

Windows specific questions, problems.
surveyance

4.4.0 (64 Bit) Has Serious Problems

Post by surveyance »

Qbittorrent worked fine till I updated to 4.4.0
When I do a forced recheck it starts eating up all the memory till my computer locks up.
If I recheck a torrent below 5 GB the recheck is done before it has time to eat up all my memory, providing all other programs, including browsers are closed.
If I do a forced recheck on a torrent that is 5 GB or larger, it finally maxes out my 8 GB of Ram and locks up the computer.

The latest problem I had was when restarting Qbittorrent, I had over 100 torrents start seeding on their own, and many items I had Forced Resume had ceased.
It was as if it just randomly changed the statuses of my torrents as far at Paused, Resume and Forced Resume go.

This is not getting better. When do you expect to have an update with the fix?
surveyance

Re: 4.4.0 (64 Bit) Has Serious Problems

Post by surveyance »

Reinstalled Qbittorrent 4.3.9 and it solved all the problems.
The re-installation of Qbittorrent 4.3.9 went very smoothly, I might add.

I'll await version 4.4.1
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

surveyance wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:10 am I'll await version 4.4.1
Yes, thats my advice for now.
DataHoarder69

Post by DataHoarder69 »

The same thing happening to me, mind you, I have 64 GB of RAM and a Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor.

going back to 4.3.9 after i finish downloading torrents i started already.
surveyance

Post by surveyance »

DataHoarder69 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:51 pm I have 64 GB of RAM and a Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor.
Wow!! I only have 8 GB of Ram at the moment. I would believe you had to be checking larger files than I before you locked up.
I would watch the Task manager, after starting a forced recheck, under the "Performance" tab with task manager stretched across the entire screen at the bottom. I could see the linear climb as more and more memory was used. If the recheck finished before it reached 90% of my memory, I was fine.

64 GB of Ram used? That's madness. I hope your move back to 4.3.9 goes a smoothly as it went for me.
I have to give them kudos for allowing me to step back to the previous version so easily.