Queueing/Stalled - please help me understand

Other platforms, generic questions.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Queueing/Stalled - please help me understand

Post by Fuga »

I have only recently discovered I could queue torrents. Some of the trackers I use require queueing if I want to have more torrents available at any given time than the tracker sets. For example, Dime allows a maximum of 60 seeding torrents. I have downloaded and can seed much more. Queueing (or at least how Vuze/BiglyBY does it) allows any of those torrents to be seeded when needed by someone.

So I have enabled queueing. I set the numbers I want. That number of torrents then have the Status as 'Seeding'. Great! But!! On the left sidebar Status list they show as 'Stalled' and 'Stalled Uploading'.

None of what I can find researching online reflects my situation. Indeed I am relieved that I just tried a download and it came down just fine and then went to 'Seeding' (albeit among the stalled). I say relieved because many of the research hits I got all referred to stalled downloads.

Am I doing something wrong? Have I missed a setting?
Is this nothing and I am actually OK, that those shown as seeding (yet stalled) will actually become un-stalled and seed for what and as long as is needed?

macOS 12.3.1 / qBittorrent 4.3.9

Thanks for any insights.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Queueing/Stalled - please help me understand

Post by Peter »

Stalled just means it's not currently seeding/doing much. If there is no "need", it can't seed, cause no one is downloading.
Of course, you can check these torrents out by clicking "Trackers" at the bottom and checking the status column.

You can also bypass this queue (because you can't set it per tracker), by using Force Start.
Just select a torrent, or multiple, Force Start, and those will bypass the queue. If you ever need that.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Queueing/Stalled - please help me understand

Post by Fuga »

Thanks, Peter! So, good news and bad news for me.

Good in that 'Stalled' isn't a bad thing in this case

Bad in that qBittorrent's queuing apparently isn't going to meet my needs. That is, I have several torrents for tracker A that often get users that need bits - like some given user is wanting bits almost all the time. I can tell by checking upload amounts for those torrents for example over 24 hours. Most times I can simply check in real time and see by upload speed and there will be one, two or three of those torrents being active. In BiglyBT this happens. In qB it does not. For the 48 hours, prior to the last 12, qB never showed any real time action for that tracker, nor were any bits uploaded. In the last 12, using BiglyBT, plenty of action for that tracker, plenty of bits went up.

I can't do ForceResume because with almost 1,500 qB just slows down. You and I worked on that before and I thought it was good, until it wasn't. More, for the trackers that limit the number of seeding torrents, ForceResume does not allow non-ForceResume torrents to be accessible to snatchers.

I fear I'm sh!t-out-of-luck. But I thank you for your time and work. I do use qB for those trackers that do not allow BiglyBT. As it's butt-ugly Java and forces me to run two clients I will continue to hope one day to have qB be my only client.