qBittorrent WebUI - permission issues (Ubuntu 20.04)

Linux specific questions, problems.
hyperjase

qBittorrent WebUI - permission issues (Ubuntu 20.04)

Post by hyperjase »

Hi,

I'm in the process of moving all my torrent files from an external NAS to a USB drive connected to the machine qBittorrent is working on. With the NAS connected, passing credentials through to connect, there were no read-write issues.

Now I've connected the USB drive, and configured qBittorrent, the WebUI isn't working, but something else too, when loading on Ubuntu itself, it works without an issue - I've managed to re-link one of my torrent files, it read fine and is now seeding.

Another thing, but I'm not sure if this is normal, I don't see any common torrents, between the WebUI and Ubuntu desktop application - should I see one torrent on both?

I understand that the WebUI issue is going to be permissions, but after quite exhaustive searching, I'm at a loss.

Currently, the folders on the external USB drive have my user ownership, as mentioned, that works fine for the desktop application. The WebUI just refuses to work, continually erroring while trying to read the files.

What user/group do I need to either add to, or give permission to read/write the folders on the external USB drive?
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: qBittorrent WebUI - permission issues (Ubuntu 20.04)

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

You're well connecting to the new webui address? (the IP should the computer running QBT, not the NAS anymore)