Uses different port everytime

Windows specific questions, problems.
Naaaak

Uses different port everytime

Post by Naaaak »

I'm using QB v3.1.0 and everytime I start the program, the firewall asks for a different port(in the 50000-60000 range). I have set Use different port on each startup to unchecked and Different port for DHT and Bittorrent is also unchecked. How can I set QB to use the same port everytime?
loki

Re: Uses different port everytime

Post by loki »

Specify a single port, that also isn't used by another program. Did you enable the upnp/nat setting? Either this or set the port in your firewall and program to use.
Naaaak

Post by Naaaak »

Thanks. No I haven't enabled upnp as it's disabled in my router for security. QB's Listening port is set to 6881 and allowed in the firewall, but I can't find an option to set the outbound Port in QB.
loki

Post by loki »

First, I'd highly suggest changing the listening port from 6881.
Second, your firewall shouldn't have to ask permission every time for outbound port.
Also, I thought it uses multiple outbound ports, like one per torrent, so further compounding the problem your firewall would face.
AOK

Post by AOK »

Sorry for reviving an old topic... But why did stopped that in Qbit 4.4.2 or somewhere before that?

It seems my ISP is banning me the last used port or there is some other bug. And for a specific site I need to use different port each time I start PC/Qbit
Goodman07

Post by Goodman07 »

They did not remove the option but embedded it in the port chooser. All you need to do is to enter 0 for port in order for qbittorrent to automatically choose a random port for you at startup.