Newest version still leaking my IP address?

Windows specific questions, problems.
Paranormal

Newest version still leaking my IP address?

Post by Paranormal »

Really like qBittorrent but haven't been using it since a few months back my ISP issued me a warning. It appears qBittorrent had revealed my IP. After reporting the warning to my VPN they recommended I use another Torrent Client since they had read about IP leaks using qBittorrent. Anyway, it's been a few months since then and since I obtained some of the best download speeds using qBittorrent I thought I'd give the newest version (4.4.2) a try to see if things were fixed. Unfortunately, my test results looks like it still has the same problem. :(
Using ipMagnet here to test it with my VPN. When running the test I can immediately see that it reveals my source IP followed by my VPN IP. Why? With the other Torrent Download Clients I've tested the same way none reveal the source IP just the VPN IP. Am I missing something here?
2pence

Re: Newest version still leaking my IP address?

Post by 2pence »

Very strange. I'm using v4.3.9 and I just did a torrent leak test with two services after reading your post, including ipmagnet, it seems to be all fine here. No leak.

You need to make sure your VPN is setup properly. Perhaps it's time to change VPN provider. Enable kill switch mode too so there's no accidental leaks.
Zorro71

Re: Newest version still leaking my IP address?

Post by Zorro71 »

Noticed the same myself and went to....Options-Advanced-Network interface and used local connection instead of -Any interface- and then it stopped leaking