HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU PAY FOR AN ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD?

Windows specific questions, problems.
tremainevon

HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU PAY FOR AN ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD?

Post by tremainevon »

If you are considering buying an electric skateboard, I must tell you that the price of a proper e-board can be much higher than a normal skateboard. The significant price of a motorized skateboard should be above $500 and the cost can become ridiculously high if you want to own a premium product.

Sometimes, you are able to find cheaper products sold on Amazon which only cost you from $100 to $200. Unfortunately, those electric skateboards are totally unusable. However, many skaters experience numerous problems when buying the first electric skateboard.

Since the price is the biggest concern, I would like to share my knowledge about different motorized skateboard models and the factors that determine the total cost. Hopefully, things can be easier for newbies to electric skateboarding.

>>> check here: How Much Does An Electric Skateboard Cost?

THE COST OF AN ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD

As I stated above, any product cheaper than $300 should be thrown immediately into the trash since they have super low quality and provide very bad performance. Therefore, the only way to own a proper electric skateboard is to invest more money in a decent product.

Skaters who have a tight budget can check out products from Meepo, Ownboard, or Maxfind in order to get a motorized skateboard under $400. Even a Chinese e-board can perform quite well (but not as well as products from prestigious brands) so don’t be afraid to get one of these.

Doing your own research and going through several reviews on the internet is the best way to choose a suitable electric skateboard. In my opinion, skateboarders can create an excel spreadsheet to sort all the found products based on the price, top speed, type of board, and range.

Because electric skateboards are expensive for the majority of skaters, many financing options were born to help those riders. Just like purchasing a car, companies like Evolve or Boosted allow customers to pay off the skateboard in 6 months, 12 months, or even 18 months. However, you have to accept a few extra dollars of interest.

HOW MUCH ARE THE REPLACING COMPONENTS

After using it for a while, your electric skateboard starts showing some worn-out signs. If you are lucky enough, some problems can be fixed easily; otherwise, replacing the whole part is the final choice.

Therefore, a lot of skateboarders care about the price of those e-board parts in case they want to replace the damaged parts or upgrade their board. In my experience, replacing the wheels is the most common one just like you replace your shoes regularly.

The price range for a set of electric skateboard wheels is from $20 to $160. Trucks, lights, and bearings are just around or under $100 while the others such as the deck, remote, or battery can cost you up to $400.

>>> See details of prices on electric skateboards available at eskatebuddy!

Depending on the model you purchased and the brand, size, and shape of the replacing products, you have to pay a different amount of money. If you want to find the cheapest solution, I would recommend Chinese brands. However, this is a two-sided affair so you can not expect these components to be durable as the authentic ones.

POST PURCHASING COSTS

Buying a good skateboard isn’t the end of investing because some extra costs will hit you immediately after getting on the first skateboard. I think the most common examples are numerous accessories for an electric skateboard.

Every skateboarder wants their board to look cool and it can show off their interests and personality. Hence, it is reasonable why skaters have to pay a significant amount of money on helmets, converters, padding, lights, backpacks, or deck skins.

Damages are inevitable in both electric skating and traditional skateboarding; therefore, skaters must save a suitable amount of money for maintenance. Anything involving technology and electricity can not last forever; therefore, riding the board at a high speed, under harsh conditions, or conquering bumps and cracks frequently can make the board degrade faster.

The cheapest option is to fix the board to continue skating and accept the fact that its performance can not be as good as before. In other cases, skateboarders can replace new components but replacing parts like the battery is often not as good as the one that goes with the board. Otherwise, you can purchase a brand new electric skateboard.

Finally, electricity is not free so charging your skateboard must count. The amount of electricity needed for your motorized skateboard depends on several factors such as the battery size, the board model, the manufacturer, the efficiency of the motors and other electrical components, as well as the electric costs in your area.

>>> Related post: how much is a electric skateboard cost

WRAPPING UP

You should consider all these factors carefully before buying an electric skateboard in order to save your money as well as obtain the best performance from the purchased product.