SOLVED: Trackers "Not Working," DHT, PeX, LSD "Working"

Windows specific questions, problems.
zosterops

SOLVED: Trackers "Not Working," DHT, PeX, LSD "Working"

Post by zosterops »

QB: 3.3.13
Connection Status: Green, Online

Issue: On 100% of torrents I download, every tracker's status is reported as "Not Working." DHT, PeX, and LSD are all "Working," however, and I am usually able to download/upload. 

Below are two screen shots from two legal torrents. "Night of the Living Dead" from Archive.org and "Bribery Compilation_002" from now.bt.co. The trackers, like in all of my other torrents, are Not Working.

I've been working on this for a while and am out of ideas on how to further troubleshoot. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Attachments
archiveorg.jpg
briberycomp.jpg
Last edited by zosterops on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Trackers "Not Working," DHT, PeX, LSD "Working"

Post by Peter »

Well the screens simply mean there are no peers to download from.
AND that the trackers that are added to the torrent - do not work anymore.

When you have public torrents, you can always add new trackers. (And hope you will find new peers there.)
Openbittorrent.com had these last on their page:
udp://tracker.opentrackr.org:1337

udp://tracker.coppersurfer.tk:6969

udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969

udp://zer0day.ch:1337

udp://explodie.org:6969

Just add them to the torrent in qBittorrent.
zosterops

Post by zosterops »

Thanks for your help, Peter. This is happening on 100% of the torrents I download. If the problem is that the trackers are offline or there are no peers, is there a legal torrent with peers and known working trackers that you could point me to? That way I could test whether the problem is on my end or not.
zosterops

Post by zosterops »

I added the trackers you suggested and they're all saying "Not Working."

Here's another example. Ubuntu 16.04.03: http://linuxtracker.org/?page=torrent-d ... 012a0fe7c8
After running for 30minutes, qBittorrent found peers through DHT and PeX but both trackers are reported as "Not Working":
Attachments
ubuntu.jpg
Last edited by zosterops on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
zosterops

Post by zosterops »

When I use Vuze (default settings -- no changes), all of the trackers for the above Linux torrent are "online."

Another detail: When I try to download from a private tracker, the torrents don't work at all (since no peers can be found on DHT, PeX, LSD). The same torrents added to Vuze connect immediately.

Any ideas?
ItWasSooted

Post by ItWasSooted »

I had a similar problem where the trackers, both public and private, would eventually connect, but would take 1 or 2 hours to do so (never timed it).

This is the reason why I tried the Beta version, where the trackers do connect immediately.
zosterops

Post by zosterops »

DUDE!! Thank you!! You were totally right, installing the latest beta version fixed the problem immediately.

Thank you so much!
Switeck

Re: SOLVED: Trackers "Not Working," DHT, PeX, LSD "Working"

Post by Switeck »

Just so we can make sense of what bug/s in qBT v3.3.13 caused this...

1.Were you using a VPN or proxy?
2.Were you using default settings in qBT for connections max and torrent queuing?
3.Did you have some/many "dead" torrents that were dead even on Vuze?
zosterops

Post by zosterops »

[quote="Switeck"]
Just so we can make sense of what bug/s in qBT v3.3.13 caused this...

1.Were you using a VPN or proxy?
2.Were you using default settings in qBT for connections max and torrent queuing?
3.Did you have some/many "dead" torrents that were dead even on Vuze?
[/quote]

1. Yes to VPN, no to proxy. But I experienced the same problem whether or not I was connected to the VPN. QB Is bound to the VPN network interface.
2. I don't have any Connection Limits set (all checkboxes are unmarked). My torrent queuing is set to 5/300/300/Do Not Count Slow Torrents.
3. I have 4 stalled torrents (0%) in QB that don't have any seeds/peers. They were there while I was experiencing the problem and are still there now. I didn't test them in Vuze.

Current status while connected to VPN: 
Connection status is green. I'm successfully connecting to both public and private trackers.
Switeck

Post by Switeck »

1.I've seen reports that VPNs and proxies make qBT have a lot more trouble getting and maintaining connections, so it could be the logic for that changed from v3.3.13 going to v3.4.0beta.

2 and 3.It's possible for dead-but-started torrents to "hog" all the allowed active torrent slots and cause all sorts of weird torrents won't start, trackers don't work, seeds/peers don't connect problems.

It seems strange to me that qBT gets incoming connections ok...but you still had such terrible problems. Are you sure they're coming through the VPN though?
central4all

Post by central4all »

Hi everybody, i have the same problem here and i cant find solution
BisulphateGenesis

Post by BisulphateGenesis »

For me, I just had to change from a TCP OpenVPN configuration to a UDP configuration.