Own Torrent Seeding, getting peers but not uploading

Windows specific questions, problems.
vardash

Own Torrent Seeding, getting peers but not uploading

Post by vardash »

Windows 11x64
Qbittorrent 4.4.3.1

I am currently seeding 141 torrents and none seem to have any problems. My ratios are mostly above 10, a few as high as the 30s.

Two days ago I noticed that a torrent I was looking for was not available, so I created my own.

I put all the files into a folder, using the `Tools`->`Torrent Creator` menu, made sure that I had all the popular trackers set, made sure there was no share limit, and that was that.

Yesterday I noticed it still had one seeder (me) and 16 peers but had not uploaded anything at all. It was also not showing up in any of the torrent searches. I unannounced and figured I'd give it another day.

Today, it is still not showing up in torrent searches but I have 30 peers and have still not uploaded a single byte.

Again, all my other seeds seem to be working perfectly, but the only one that I created myself will not upload at all and is not appearing in any of the searches.

Could there be something I misconfigured? Any other ideas how I can start pushing to all these peers that are trying to get it?
vardash

Re: Own Torrent Seeding, getting peers but not uploading

Post by vardash »

I wanted to add some more information I have collected:
  • Every peer that tries to connect is using port 7876 (The port set in options->Connnections->Listening Port)
  • I have tried checking and unchecking the Use UPnP option
  • I have generated multiple other ports and done a reannounce and it does not work on those ports either.
  • Looking through my other torrent that are successfully seeding, there are almost zero peers using 7876, and those that are attempting to are getting zero data transfer.
  • I am using surfshark VPN and can't find anything about that port being blocked
  • I updated my tracker list to use "All" from https://github.com/ngosang/trackerslist but now it says there are 4 seeds (clearly it is still just me)
  • Almost all of the trackers are showing as working
vardash

Re: Own Torrent Seeding, getting peers but not uploading

Post by vardash »

I wanted to add some more information:
  • It doesn't seem like there is any problem with connecting to me through the listening port, it is negotiating the connection for transfer that fails.
    • In case it was not obvious from my previous post, peers/leechers are able to reach me via whatever the listening port is as they are showing up in my peer list and then dropping.
    • It doesn't matter what listening port I set, the behavior is identical.
  • I have a strong suspicion that it is the request for the metadata that is failing, not the chunk transfers.
    • This would obviously make it appear as if it were a problem with torrents that originate with me as there are no other seeds from which to acquire the metadata.
    • Watching other torrents that I am successfully seeding, I still have connections come in on my listening port that are dropped.
  • I found a person with a similar issue here: https://redd.it/b2078i who was able to resolve it using uTorrent
  • I found a person with a similar issue here: https://redd.it/9s1s4l who found that turning off "Super Seeding Mode" solved the issue, alas it has not for me.