Remove torrents after download completed

Windows specific questions, problems.
scott

Remove torrents after download completed

Post by scott »

I have searched this forum, Internet, and Settings and I do not see an option to remove torrents once they're downloaded. I see the option to exit QBT or hibernate once downloads are complete, but nothing to remove the torrent files. This said and I swear there is such an option in the Linux version of this client.
scott

Re: Remove torrents after download completed

Post by scott »

Seems if I set to stop seeding at some point and set to remove the file, that works.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Wouldn't it be nice to give back to the torrenting community, even if it is a little bit, before removing torrents after completion? Just my thoughts.. Anyway.
scott

Post by scott »

Yes, and I do. A) I provide torrents on a irregular basis, not much, but some. B) For every download, there's about an equal amount seeded...how much more should I be giving to the community?
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

Then its all good I guess.
buratino

Post by buratino »

You "should" not give anything to the community. It's a matter of another discussion - I always let torrents seed for some time after I download them, I don't "count"/calculate what I have upladed, downloaded etc. Even if you don't upload a single byte (hit-and-run behavior), no one would blame you (unless there are coefficienst handled by the tracker and having some actual effect).
That being said, I don't miss such an option. You can always sort torrents by status and delete manually the thousands (or so) torrents with ease.
SylverCheetah53

Post by SylverCheetah53 »

Hi!
I want the complete oposite. I want to keep torrents after download finish.
viewtopic.php?t=10202
Pls, help me.