Import torrents from qBittorrent to qBittorrent Portable

Windows specific questions, problems.
SylverCheetah53

Import torrents from qBittorrent to qBittorrent Portable

Post by SylverCheetah53 »

How about importing torrents from qBittorrent to qBittorrent Portable?
How do I do that?
SylverCheetah53

Re: Import torrents from qBittorrent to qBittorrent Portable

Nobody knows? ???
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

The "cleanest" is to simply drag in the .torrent files and set the same download location. It will re-check every download and just continue where you left off.

Plan B is to just add a simple torrent to Portable, and open the "Data\settings\" folder inside portable. You can just swap the files from your normal installation ( "%APPDATA%\qBittorrent" and "%LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent" and that's it.) It's more tedious, but not that bad. Of course make sure to have the client closed (both/any versions) when messing with this. It doesn't work? Messed up? Just delete the portable settings and try again with the copy.
SylverCheetah53

Can you please point to me full adress of "%APPDATA%\qBittorrent" and "%LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent"?
I do not find them.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Oh just press WIN+R, the Windows "Run" prompt pops up, and just paste in them. Like just paste: %APPDATA%\qBittorrent and it'll open.
SylverCheetah53

Thank you!

This is for whoelse wants it:
C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Roaming\qBittorrent -> D:\Programs\qBittorrentPortable\Data\settings\AppData_qBittorrent

C:\Users\Daniel\AppData\Local\qBittorrent -> D:\Programs\qBittorrentPortable\Data\settings\LocalAppData_qBittorrent
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Oh yeah... sorry, I was so stupid. Those paths are for the normal install. I just totally skipped the "portable" part. Sorry.
This is what the internet does to you.
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

SylverCheetah53 wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:21 pm How about importing torrents from qBittorrent to qBittorrent Portable?
How do I do that?
1) Which portable are you using from? "Portabbleapps dot com" or "portapps dot io"
2) Which version and is it stable? Like it doesn't go like this
I'm currently using v4.3.6 and thinking of upgrading and start using portable.
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

Peter wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:20 pm The "cleanest" is to simply drag in the .torrent files and set the same download location. It will re-check every download and just continue where you left off.

Plan B is to just add a simple torrent to Portable, and open the "Data\settings\" folder inside portable. You can just swap the files from your normal installation ( "%APPDATA%\qBittorrent" and "%LOCALAPPDATA%\qBittorrent" and that's it.) It's more tedious, but not that bad. Of course make sure to have the client closed (both/any versions) when messing with this. It doesn't work? Messed up? Just delete the portable settings and try again with the copy.
A question to the dev,
1) is it possible to run multiple portable instances of qbittorrent and download different torrents? Like 2-4 folders with qbittorrent portable in them and running them simultaneously and using them to download different torrents and will there be any sort of clash between the app instances?
2) If it is possible, would that impact the hard drive in any negative way since multiple apps are constantly reading and writing to the disk?
3) Is there any official portable release from you, the devs or only 3rd party releases are available at the moment? If so, which one do you recommend? I currently know of "portabbleapps dot com" & "portapps dot io". The first one is up to date and the 2nd one is a few versions behind.
dawsonkm

Post by dawsonkm »

Look here.

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... table-mode
It's able to run "portable" natively.
I had to use 7zip to extract the x64 version.

Someone else will have to chime in about the first two questions.
Blackhole

Post by Blackhole »

dawsonkm wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:43 am Look here.

https://github.com/qbittorrent/qBittorr ... table-mode
It's able to run "portable" natively.
I had to use 7zip to extract the x64 version.

Someone else will have to chime in about the first two questions.
Thanks for your reply on this, can you check this post
by the same user to confirm that the official portable by the devs does not cause this issue? I used portable by 3rd party before, and I too faced that issue.