new features suggested

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
pitovsky

new features suggested

Post by pitovsky »

More suggestions:
1) it would be nice to have a system of labels as advanced as the deluge (options to limit download and upload, set ratio and subsequent action (pause, remove, stop), choose folders to store and move, super seeding, priority of the Download or torrent - and all these options for each torrent as well), also set global upload limit for various torents, and and enter seconds in ETA.
2) It would be interesting if it were possible to unzip the files to specific folder, automatically, ex: according to the classification of the label ( or the rss classification), just like lottanzb does ...
3) the rss should be more complete: ex. with the possibility to download legends, more intelligent to deal with episodes proper/repack, dont download at first run, once auto-download for same episode, upload ratio limited and action (pause, stop, remove), bandwidth priority, download folder and move on completed (perhaps through a filtering system), check the download folder and automatically dont download episodes that already exists in that folder...
4) the search system could have filters for torrent search, torrent age, rating, be possible to create rss through research with only one click (if the site allowed) ... and be more beautiful!!!!...
5) another interesting option exists in utorrent is the possibility to set limits on traffic ... good for who have mobile broadband ...
6) and have a complete and simple system scheduler: with the ability to create multiple tasks for downloads, uploads, rss,turn off the computer, etc ...
7) would also be cool to have a system of statistics on each transaction, for example, knowing the average download speed since you are connected, average transfers received and sent, ratio of the session, the day was greater throughput, time is on, things like that ... but I think I'm asking too much

* I edited the post to group ideas and give new ideas
Last edited by pitovsky on Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironcross

Re: new features suggested

Post by ironcross »

Well, here are work for the QB-developers for the next few years... ;)
pitovsky

Post by pitovsky »

First, I do not know anything about programming, so I do not know if it will be easy or difficult to implement ... But perhaps a bit exaggerated ...
ironcross

Post by ironcross »

I was just kidding :D
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

It's a good idea to write your stuff up to the forums, hopefully will Chris look at it and won't have a heart-attack. :)

(Any stuff can be posted on the forums and will be acknowledged, except bugs. Bugs will be only fixed on the Launchpad.)
pitovsky

Post by pitovsky »

They are constructive criticism ....
christophe.dumez

Post by christophe.dumez »

Hi pitovsky, I am qBittorrent author.

Thanks a lot for your ideas, they are quite interesting. I hope I can find time to implement at least some of them.

Unfortunately, I am extremely busy since I graduated and started working. At the moment, I doing my best to fix bugs. I hope I have some more free time to develop new features soon.