"open containing folder" doesn't work: nothing happens

Linux specific questions, problems.
IkarugaOne

"open containing folder" doesn't work: nothing happens

Post by IkarugaOne »

Hi there, I am currently using qbit on my steamdeck in desktop mode(I think some kind of arch linux) and I noticed that I can't(like on Windows) just double click a file to start it and qbit also can't seem to open dolphin which is set as my standard explorer program when I select "open containing folder". I gave qbit all permissions there are through flatseal already.

On a side note, I noticed on hexchat that it also can't seem to open chrome when clicking on weblinks(nothing happens), this also works fine on hexchat with windows...

Chrome on the other hand can open dolphin and my downloads folder by clicking on "show in folder". I don't understand what the issue might be here...
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: "open containing folder" doesn't work: nothing happens

Post by Peter »

On Linux apps have to use "something" to do this because well, how do you open a folder? There is no Explorer like on Windows; there is no Finder like on OS X. There MIGHT BE a file explorer. But what if there are 35 of them? It is a problem.

There is a tool for this though on Linux that manages this.
But it seems like it's bugged on Steam Deck's OS for now: https://github.com/lutris/lutris/issues/4507

There is a command in the comments there that might help you.