Torrent's Suddenly Not Starting

Windows specific questions, problems.
vahnx

Torrent's Suddenly Not Starting

Post by vahnx »

I'm having issues with qBitTorrent all of a sudden on my Windows PC (no torrents will start, tracker statuses on all torrents will sit at 'Not contacted yet' and will not begin to download). Specifically, magnet link torrents will sit at "Downloading metadata" and .torrent files will sit at "Stalled" - all at 0%.

I've recently imaged my PC from a 120GB to a 250GB SSD and the last time I downloaded successfully using qBitTorrent on my PC was probably a few days prior. I do have qBitTorrent binded to NordLynx adapter (NordVPN) which does have a local IP address assigned (albeit no gateway specified) and is working when I punch 'my IP' into Google.

I'm kind of at a loss as I feel I've done everything. I tried updating from a few revisions ago to the latest (4.4.5), I also turned off my Windows Firewall that was 'on' for my NordLynx adapter, and also I've deleted the contents of %APPDATA%\qBittorrent and reinstalled 4.4.5. I'm trying Deluge at the moment but can't find a way to bind it to my NordLynx adapter. I did test on qBitTorrent 4.4.3.1 on my Mac on the same network (latest version) and it still works, so it's just an issue with my Windows PC.

I was hoping someone could assist? Thanks in advance.
Apesbrain

Re: Torrent's Suddenly Not Starting

Post by Apesbrain »

Same problem since update to 4.4.5. Have enabled both "tier announce" options. When on VPN all trackers show "Not contacted yet" whether interface is tied to my VPN or set to "Any". If VPN turned off and interface set to "Any", things work normally. Have downgraded to 4.4.4, but was not a solution. What are the steps to troubleshoot this? Thanks.

Note: Temporarily switched to Tixati and it works as expected tied to VPN interface.
vahnx

Post by vahnx »

Hi @Apesbrain

It just miraculously came back to life today. I started a torrent and the tracker status were all hung at "Updating.." so I checked my IPs and they were OK. I ran a continuous ping on google.ca and 8.8.8.8 and turned off NordVPN and turned it back on and relaunched qBitTorrent and suddenly stuff started downloading again. I might have had both NordVPN and qBitTorrent closed. Anyways.. can't really tell what happened but it's working now.
Apesbrain

Post by Apesbrain »

@vahnx, thanks for letting me know. No such luck here.