Everything working but seeding

Windows specific questions, problems.
RyokoX37

Everything working but seeding

Post by RyokoX37 »

So I have a bit of an odd issue that just came up. I can download no problem but I can't seed. A little background since this one has left me stumped. I haven't downloaded anything in quite some time since I've been busy with work, and I went to download something today for the wife and I notice that I'm not seeding. I check the options and everything is setup as normal, unlimited speed no share limit, and so on. I've never had an issue with my antivirus (kaspersky) in the past while torrenting. So I check the firewall in kaspersky and I see that the application has full inbound/outbound permissions, so I check the application settings and qBittorrent has full rights and is allowed access. So I think this is odd, but it could be At&t being foolish again. So I log into my router and the torrent rule is still applied for inbound/outbound. So I check Windows defender and the kaspersky firewall is being used in place of the Windows firewall. So I decide to turn off the kaspersky firewall which allows me to enter the Windows defender firewall and I check the permissions and I see the qBittorrent is still allowed inbound/outbound I then check the network interface which is a wired connection to my modem/router. Nothing out of the ordinary, I'm still set to a public network. So now I'm getting annoyed so I decided to eliminate variables. I turn off my kaspersky firewall, then I pause it. I then go to the Windows firewall and I turn it off and I turn off all settings on Windows defender, so at this point, there should be no app/program that could interfere or restrict traffic, yet I get the same result that I can't seed. So I'm thinking it could be the ISP as AT&T are dicks, so I turn on tethering on my phone and I connect to it, and I still get the same issue that I can't seed. So I'm thinking this could be an app issue. Maybe I messed something up in qBittorrent's settings, so I uninstall it via windows add remove programs and then reinstall and I use version 4.5.0 beta just to make sure since my old version was 4.4.5 and I get the same result. I can't seed. I can see the peers and I can see the trackers and everything, but it just sits there not seeding.

So I'm out of ideas on what settings or anything I can do to correct this issue as I've removed several variables, them being the ISP, my kaspersky firewall, kaspersky itself, Windows firewall, Windows defender, and network settings. I'm up to date on Windows updates as of 10/5/2022, so I'm stumpped. Any suggestions would be helpful and I can provide more detailed info as needed.

Thank you!
hurricane51

Re: Everything working but seeding

Post by hurricane51 »

Sorry, I can't help because I'm have nearly the exact same problem. I'm able to download and seed torrents created by others. I've tried disabling my Windows Defender and malwarebytes, even though they were already set to allow qbittorrent to pass (as indicated by my ability to download others' torrents). I opened the port for the trackers on Windows Firewall and the same port on my router's port forwarding.

I created a new torrent and have the same problem. Very frustrating, and all the searching on the internet are related to downloading any torrents, not just the torrents I created.