Add a UNCONDITIONAL "confirmation on exit" option

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
wazzupmofo

Add a UNCONDITIONAL "confirmation on exit" option

Post by wazzupmofo »

Right now there's a "confirmation on exit when torrents are active".

I would find it infinitely more useful to have a "confirmation on exit", period, option.

Because currently, it's simply to easy to accidentally shut down qBittorrent if you're not using "close to qB notification area", and no torrents happen to be actively transferring data at that moment (for me, "active torrent" would be any torrent which is started, but qB instead seems to use the criteria "data being transferred"). As a result, I'm forced to enable the latter option against my preference just to avoid the problem happening.

The funny thing is that qB's behaviour isn't even consistent interface wise, in that it will shut down the program EVEN if "close to qB notification area" is enabled, IF CTRL+Q is used; but not IF the top right window close button is used. Which doesn't help either.

To summarize, my suggestion is simply to either add a unconditional "confirmation on exit" option, or to replace the current "...when torrents are active" one with it, whichever is preferable.

Thank you for considering.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Add a UNCONDITIONAL "confirmation on exit" option

Post by Peter »

Fair point.
Make a Github Issue ticket as Feature Request and I will try to submit a PR (just to annoy the team further) to change this behavior.
You make a valid point, I don't see why it should not be always confirm honestly.

(Then again, I am not the team lead, so the request might get rejected altogether. And that is fine, because every project needs good leadership.)
wazzupmofo

Post by wazzupmofo »

Thank you for your feedback. I added all my three suggestions as tickets to Github. I am pretty sure I have read in different places about these before, from other people and more than once, so here's hopes that our favourite bittorrent client can be improved to bypass these limitations in time. :)
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Could you link me the Issue from Github? Thank you.