Show transfers with tracker errors with a different colour in the list

Discuss suggestions and ideas for the forums, site, software.
wazzupmofo

Show transfers with tracker errors with a different colour in the list

Post by wazzupmofo »

It would be immensely useful to have torrents in the transfers list show a different, warning colour when they have tracker errors.

I realize you can check the side bar for tracker errors, but that's not nearly as immediate and intuitive to spot as the above method, especially when one is hiding the side bar by default for screen real estate purposes.

In torrent clients which use this feature, as soon as one opens the transfers window, one will immediately know which torrents aren't connecting to their trackers, which is a must for private tracker users and allows them to appropriately and efficiently deal with such situations, vital when ratio and seeding times might be involved, or simply tracker downtimes. But as it in qBittorrent presently, it's easy for tracker errors to go unnoticed for hours or even days before the user spots them and takes action, which is a big disadvantage.

Thank you for considering.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Show transfers with tracker errors with a different colour in the list

Post by Peter »

This is pretty hard, like, a LOT of torrents use many, many trackers, and there are sites where they have fallback trackers which always fail. Maybe if ALL trackers fail AND it's a private torrent?
wazzupmofo

Re: Show transfers with tracker errors with a different colour in the list

Post by wazzupmofo »

I guess. I did have private trackers in mind, which usually use just one specific tracker per torrent. I do recall one site which allows a second, magnet tracker to back up the regular one, if the user manually adds it to the downloads. A few private trackers actually don't add the "private" flag, strangely as it may seem. Public trackers aren't a issue, since they use multiple trackers and work with DHT, which private trackers don't by definition.

So perhaps simply "if ALL trackers fail for a torrent" would be ideal - what matters is letting the user know that a torrent is not communicating.

Thank you!