Using qbittorent with DDNs

Windows specific questions, problems.
Easyc0re

Using qbittorent with DDNs

Post by Easyc0re »

Hello!

I've just set up a DDNS for my computer since I have a dynamic IP which changes every 24h.

I want to know how can I use this with qbittorent webUI, because as far as I can see DDNS dns-o-matic service or cloudflare is not supported.

Can anyone point me to the right direction?
Easyc0re

Re: Using qbittorent with DDNs

Post by Easyc0re »

Would it be possible to just use domain name instead of IP to access my webui?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

qBittorrent does not need to know anything about your DDNS setup. You set that up, and it gives you a DDNS address..

For example, on NO-IP.com it works like this:
1) you log in
2) add a new domain, like easyc0re.ddns.net
3) you download the ddns updater client exe and install it on your PC
4) now, easyc0re.ddns.net always points to your IP, and you simply open that, and your qBittorrent Web UI opens.
example: http://easyc0re.ddns.net:8080

But as you can see, I did not touch qBittorrent in this whole process at all. Because you don't need to, it does not have to know anything about your DDNS at all. Hope that makes sense.
Easyc0re

Post by Easyc0re »

Hello Peter!

Thanks for the reply, it makes perfect sense, yet I cannot make it work.

I've set up my DDNS. I'm using Marcs updater to get IP for my domain. So in theory it should work, because it does update my IP and shows everything ok. I'm using cloudflare for DDNS.

So I enabled WEBUI using the following: HTTP://mydomain.com:8080. I also opened the router port (8080), yet when I try to connect to that domain I get an error. I thought I was missing out something config wise...
Easyc0re

Post by Easyc0re »

I guess my issues is somethere before I get to Webui, because I'm seeing an error 522 when trying to connect to webui.