v4.5.0 on Ventura crashing daily

MAC OS X specific questions, problems.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

v4.5.0 on Ventura crashing daily

Post by Fuga »

I was so very happy to return to qBittorrent a few days ago.

I have 1,805 torrents loaded and all is great. Until it isn't.

Another user has reported similar/same?
viewtopic.php?t=10571

Where to find crash reports/logs? There are two (number of times it's crashed) files here:
~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

As they look like gobbliegook I am not sure they are applicable.
victorhooi

Re: v4.5.0 on Ventura crashing daily

Post by victorhooi »

I seem to have having similar as well - I'm running qBittorrent 4.5.2 on macOS 13.2.1 - and it will periodically cause the machine to crash, and reboot, with an error reporter prompt upon restart. This is on Apple Silicon - @Fuga - are you on Apple silicon as well?

qBittorrent was running fine for quite a while (several days) then recently, it appears to be causing the machine to lock up and become unusable. This might be perhaps because I added additional torrents, and it crossed some threshold? (1943 torrents in "All" currently)?

Even trying to unlock the macOS when qBittorrent locks up is impossible, as the cursor barely responds to input, and the keyboard won't enter input.

This seems to happen when running *just* qBittorrent, as well as with other applications (e.g. Chrome browser).

Oddly enough, if I keep interacting with the machine with qBittorrent running, and don't let the display go to sleep, it hasn't hung up so far (but obviously I haven't tried interacting with it continuously for several hours).

Does anybody have any idea why this is?
victorhooi

Post by victorhooi »

Or is there any logging, or trace data we could collect within qBittorrent that would help triage the issue on macOS?
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Damn! I forgot I made this post. I am happy to say all is well now. I used OnyX and did a deep clean via the Maintenance tab. Have been up and purring nicely for well over a week.

Yes, AppleSilicon here - M1 iMac.
macOS Monterey v13.1 - long story why not updated.
drtc

Post by drtc »

qbit 4.5.3 On Ventura 13.4 constantly crashes on finishing or loading torrent file. On reopen it works.
coolhandpete33

Post by coolhandpete33 »

Yours is the first post I've seen on this but I'm experiencing the same issue with 4.5.3. Works fine after reopen. Running M2 Pro w/ Ventura 13.4.
Fuga
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Fuga »

Earlier I mentioned using OnyX and doing a deep clean via the Maintenance tab.

Another strategy, admittedly extreme but has fixed a couple users' issues, is to do a deep clean via FindAnyFile, holding down option key when clicking 'Find' (searches as root). You will need to re-load all torrents but is well worth the effort.