Version 5 the loading never goes to the end at startup.

Windows specific questions, problems.
rosier

Version 5 the loading never goes to the end at startup.

Post by rosier »

Hello,

since version 5 the loading never goes to the end at startup.

I am under Windows 7, I have more than 9700 torrents in share.

I have to go back to version 4.

Do you have a solution, thank you.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Version 5 the loading never goes to the end at startup.

Post by Peter »

Just revert to 4.4, I don't think 4.5 will ever support Windows 7.
Windows 7 has been End Of Life for a long while now.

See: https://www.qbittorrent.org/news.php
WINDOWS: Users of Windows 10+ can also use the Qt6 version of the installer. Qt6 offers better HiDPI compatibility. The Qt6 version isn't tested much. The v4.4.x series will probably be the last one that supports Qt5 and therefore Windows 7 and 8. It will see releases at least until the summer of 2022.
(The qt5 version is still getting released, but that does not mean 7 gets any kind of support).

You can upgrade to 10 (which is also going EOL soon), or 11 (with bypass hacks, if you have old hardware). Or you are able to use Linux. Ubuntu LTS for example might just work fine, unless you have a super incompatible hardware. Or, you can just use the latest 4.4 version for a long while. People still run the old uTorrent even today.
Nemo
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Nemo »

At some point having alot of torrents seeding, active, connections, uploads and downloads is not necessary a program fault being slow or lagging but your system becomes the bottleneck. After I upgraded my system and added more SSD's the issues have solved for me.
Freeman

Post by Freeman »

Peter wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:31 pmI don't think 4.5 will ever support Windows 7.
I don't have any problems with 4.5.2 on my Windows 7.