Can't choose location for download

Windows specific questions, problems.
StarStuff

Can't choose location for download

Post by StarStuff »

Searched the forum, but can't find this issue reported.

Since the last 2 updates, whenever I click on download the qBittorent file is the only thing I can download. The option to download the actual file I want has disappeared and I can't find anything about this. The problem is that I now have to locate the qBittorent file and then click on that to start the actual download, then I have to delete the qBittorent file. If I forget these steps, the download never starts.

Can someone tell me how to restore the option to save the download and not just the qBittorent file? If this option was removed in the latest uploads, it really needs to be restored.

Thanks for any help.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Can't choose location for download

Post by Peter »

Settings -> Downloads (the icon, on the left sidebar) -> Display torrent contents and some options... (top 2 boxes)
StarStuff

Post by StarStuff »

Peter, thank you for the reply. The boxes you indicated are already checked and have always been. It was only after the update before this last one that I began having this issue. If your suggestion isn't the solution then I don't know what to do.
StarStuff

Post by StarStuff »

Still not working correctly. Should I just uninstall and then reinstall? I just downloaded the latest update, which uninstalls the last version as I understand it, so it doesn't seem to me that would be the solution. REALLY frustrated!

Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

I think you changed your browser's settings.
What browser do you use?
StarStuff

Post by StarStuff »

Hi, I'm using Firefox v. 109.0.1

Would you suggest switching to another browser? I also have Brave installed, and of course there's always Edge (which I don't like).
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

Just go into Settings, scroll down and you will see a Downloads segment.
Here you can pick what to do with Torrent files. If you want to save them one by one, open them with qBittorrent, etc.
StarStuff

Post by StarStuff »

Hi, thanks for replying.

There is no "Settings" tab, there is only "Options." Clicking on that, I can bring up a "Downloads" page. Under "When adding a torrent," both options are checked. They are "Display torrent content and some options" and "Bring torrent dialog to the front."

These two options would seem to be the ones that would give me the option to choose to save the download, instead of just defaulting to downloading the torrent file that I then have to locate and click on to start the download of the file I want.

As I mentioned earlier, this only happened after the next to last update. Now every update gives me the same issue. Very frustrated.