Trackers not working - skipping tracker announce (unreachable)

Windows specific questions, problems.
dxrand

Trackers not working - skipping tracker announce (unreachable)

Post by dxrand »

Running 4.4.3.1 on Windows 10 through NordVPN. All was normal last week, everything downloaded fine. This week, no connections, no seeds, no peers, stuck on "Downloading metadata."

I know the torrents have peers, I even tried one I downloaded last week and it won't work.

Have tried rebooting program and computer, turning off VPN, manual port forwarding, and everything else I can think of. Not sure if it is a qbittorrent issue or if something has changed in my machine.

Any help would be appreciated
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Trackers not working - skipping tracker announce (unreachable)

Post by unseen19 »

Not DNS linked? Try to change the DNS you use by what you prefer (cloudflare, etc).
Reboot and give it another try
dxrand

Post by dxrand »

unseen19, I activated cloudflare on both my browser and my VPN to no effect. Do I need to do this on qbittorrent as well? If so, how do I do it?
dxrand

Post by dxrand »

Problem solved, I went in to Advanced settings and changed "Network Interface" to any and "Optional IP addresses to bind to" to all. Downloads started right up
duf666

Post by duf666 »

Very strange... I have the same issue for 2-3 days, and my settings are already as you changed...
duf666

Post by duf666 »

Up !

Any other advice for solve that ?
Peter
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Peter »

duf666 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:38 am Up !

Any other advice for solve that ?
IF you cannot connect, check interface binding as OP suggested, what solved it for him.

IF it's metadata downloading only, that's a different story.
- It can mean you are trying to get a magnet link from people, but VPN renders you passive. Unless you use one that allows port forwarding, like Mullvad, Windscribe, PIA, etc.) If it has port forwarding, set it up and you should have a better experience.
- Still, to be able to download the metadata at all, you need people to send you the file. Basically, seed the file to you. Sometimes, low-seeded public torrents will never "work" because you just won't be able to fetch the file.

ps.: Sadly, VPNs are hurting swarms.
duf666

Post by duf666 »

Ok, I'll try different settings on interface...

Anyway, I don't use VPN to download.

Edit: with interface on "Ethernet", trackers that were "unreachable" are now "timed out"
Renraku

Post by Renraku »

I also just started having this issue a few days ago.

I use TunnelBear VPN but I have been using it for months and torrents were working fine until a few days ago.

I have 'Network Interface' set to 'Any Interface' and 'Optional IP address to bind to' set to 'All addresses'.

I haven't changed any settings recently so I don't know why it suddenly stopping working.