Can't Cross-Seed? Recheck shows 0%

Windows specific questions, problems.
vaipan

Can't Cross-Seed? Recheck shows 0%

Post by vaipan »

I'm trying to cross-seed a few torrents, but whenever I recheck files on the new tracker, it shows 0.0%.

The files should be identical. They're uploaded by the same group on different trackers. For instance, one is a copy of the full files from a blu-ray. When I check the file structure, contents, and file sizes on both trackers, everything is identical down to the byte.

The trackers I'm trying to cross-seed to have no seeders for those torrents.

I've tried a few things. Download the full file. Download the torrent from the other tracker. Rename the folders to be the same then set location. Recheck. Original tracker is at 100% and cross-seed is at 0%.

I've paused both, closed qBT, moved all the files to a new folder or a new drive, open qBT, set location. Original tracker rechecks to 100%, cross-seed rechecks to 0.0%.

When I double click the folders from qBT in the content tab from the cross-seed trackers, they open to the right locations and all of the files are there. Still, rechecking gets 0%.

I'm not sure what's wrong. I'm using the latest version, 4.5.2, on Windows 11. The log shows nothing related to it. When I hit, "force recheck," the log doesn't show anything related to rechecking.

I've migrated all of my torrents many times across different OS installs by copying all the AppData files. Would that have caused anything to go wrong?
unseen19
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Can't Cross-Seed? Recheck shows 0%

Post by unseen19 »

Hi,

It works but some minor difference may be an issue
- exact same files, but you covered this part it seems
- no subfolder in the torrent structure? Often a main top folder is added
- the filename inside QBT comes from metadata, no typo?